Have we seen the cover for Gail Carriger’s third Parasol Protectorate novel, Blameless? I get the feeling it’s not new, but for some reason it doesn’t look familiar to me. So I’m posting it again. Blameless is due to release September 1, 2010.
Have you ever wanted to try Jeri Smith-Ready’s Aspect of the Crow series? Amazon has the prequel story, The Wild’s Call, as a free Kindle read. Although, Jeri does want to remind everyone…
The Wild’s Call was originally written (commissioned) as a 20-part serial short story, with very strict word count limits, for my publisher’s website.
So when presented in a different format, as a “book,” it might feel different than what one might expect.
I couldn’t remember if we had seen the cover for JR Ward’s Crave either when I saw it over at Book Soulmates. In case we haven’t, here it is. If we have, here it is again. Book Soulmates has the blurb. Crave comes out October 5, 2010.
- Gail Carriger, author of Blameless, by Tor.com
- Anton Strout, author of Dead Matter, by BSC Reviews (video)
- Jessa Slade, author of Forged in Shadows, by Bitten by Books
- Patch, from Becca Fitzgerald’s Hush Hush, by Bitten by Books
- Carrie Lofty, author of Song of Seduction, at Babbling About Books
- Deidre Knight, author of Red Demon, at Gena Showalter’s Blog
- Stacia Kane, author of Unholy Ghosts, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Abra Ebner, author of The Knight Angels, at Tynga’s Reviews
- Chloe Neill, author of Twice Bitten, at Orion Publishing
- Jaime Rush, author of Touching Darkness, at Book Chick City
- Marie-Claude Bourque, author of Ancient Whispers, at Book Faery
- Ilona Andrews, author of Magic Bleeds, by Book Lovers Inc.
- Ann Aguirre, author of Hell Fire, at Cynthia Eden’s blog
- Karin Harlowe, author of Enemy Lover, by Suburban Vampire
- Jennifer Estep, author of Web of Lies, at All Things Urban Fantasy
This cover is just plain creepy. Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks that? Brian Lumley’s Necorscope: The Plague-Bearer is now available through Subterranean Press along with Leviathan Wept and Other Stories by Daniel Abraham.
Dakota Cassidy has posted an excerpt for her fifth Accidental Friends novel, Accidentally Catty, which will be out March 2011.
Babbling About Books is wondering about people’s reading expectations. In this day and age when it’s fairly easy to have conversations with your favorite authors or just being able to find out what their advance is, does any of that influence your expectations on a novel? Katiebabs wants to know.
I have to ask…seriously? Who would want a cast member from Twilight on their credit card? It’s a good thing I had a WTF moment, because io9 buried this gem of a vid clip in the same post.
Amberkatze Reviews is giving away whichever book wins her May poll. Contest ends June 10th.
Dear Author is giving away 17 different copies of 6 Penguin ARCs. Contest ends soon.
Keri Arthur Contest Winners!
While I was at the RT Booklovers Convention, I had the amazing opportunity to talk with Keri Arthur, author of the amazing Riley Jenson series, plus a slew of others. While she was here, we decided to give away a copy of Moon Sworn to a lucky winner. In order to enter, everyone had to answer the question: What are you going to miss about the Riley Jenson series? Now, without further ado, the four winners are:
KITTNLUV (Paperback Dolls) who said: I think there isn’t one thing I’d miss the most. I love everything about this series and will mourn it’s closing. I love the world and her characters. It’s really sad to see them all go. But I also feel a little traitorous, because I’m really looking forward to Risa!
Congratulations KittNLuv! You have one week to send me an email at jackie AT literaryescapism DOT com, otherwise I’ll draw a new name when I post the current contest winners next weekend.