Check out the shininess Shiloh Walker is showing off. It’s the cover for the third Grimm Circle novel, Crazed Hearts. This one features Ren, who we meet in No Prince Charming, and I still can’t figure out who he is. Has anyone? Crazed Hearts releases July 13, 2010.
- Ekaterina Sedia, editor of the anthology Running with the Pack, at the Mad Hatter’s
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King, by Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Celia Graves, from Cat Adams’ of Blood Song, by Tor/Forge
- Shona Husk, author of Boyfriend in a Bottle, by Bitten by Books
- Lori Handeland, author of Shakespeare Undead, at Bitten by Books
- Ann Aguirre, author of Hell Fire, at Writer Unboxed
- Heather Massey, the mind behind Galaxy Express, at vvb32 Reads
- Chloe Neill, author of Twice Bitten, by Fiction Kingdom
- Kim Harrison, author of Early to Death, Early to Rise, by Tygna’s Reviews
- Zoe Winters, author of Mated, at Larissa Ione’s blog
- Jennifer Estep, author of Web of Lies, at Romance Dish
- Juliana Stone, author of His Darkest Hunger, at Supernatural Underground
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty Goes to War, by Wicked Little Pixie
- Lee Nichols, author of Deception, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Arlene Russo, author of The Real Twilight, by Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Grace Coopersmith, author of Nancy’s Theory of Style, by Enchanted by Books
- Rachel Vincent, author of My Soul to Keep, by Poisoned Reality
Keri Arthur is going to be holding an ‘all things Moon Sworn and Riley’ discussion on her Facebook Fan Page on Saturday, June 12th at 8pm CST. If you have any questions about the series, that would be the time to visit her page.
To celebrate their launch, Carina Press is running a sale with 20% off all titles. There are some fabulous authors over at Carina Press, so heading over and checking out the catalog would not be a waste of your time.
Check out what was posted on the Wicked FB fanpage…it’s the blurb for Nancy Holder and Debbie Vigue’s upcoming novel, Crusade, which is a continuation of their short story, Passing, from The Eternal Kiss anthology.
For the past two years, Jenn has lived and trained at Spain’s Sacred Heart Academy Against the Cursed Ones. She is among the few who have pledged to defend humanity or die trying. But the vampires are gaining power and the battle has only begun.
Forced to return home after death takes a member of the family, Jenn discovers that San Francisco is now a vampire strong-hold. As a lone hunter apart from her team, Jenn is isolated–and at risk. She craves the company of her fighting partner, Antonio: his protection, his reassurance, his touch. But a relationship with Antonio comes with its own dangers, and the more they share of themselves, the more Jenn stands to lose.
Then Jenn is betrayed by one who was once bound to protect her, causing her to doubt all she had held as true. To survive, Jenn must find the courage to trust herself–and her heart.
Elie from Ellz Readz has the scoop on the Summer Reading Program for both Borders and Barnes & Noble. My kid can get a free book if he reads 8 different books? Totally for the win. Need to get him signed up pronto.
Oohh…check out the new design Dirty Sexy Books has going. I have to say I like and that I’m jealous she has a new design. I’ve been totally wanting a new design and DSB looks soo snazzy.
NPR has a fabulous article on the upcoming third season of True Blood.
Suburban Vampire has the latest news on the upcoming VampireCon, which is to be held in Los Angeles June 24th through the 26th.
Bitten by Books has begun a new editorial column called Off the Fang, written by the fabulous Jackie U. The first post is now up and Jackie U is asking How Honest is Too Honest in a Review?
Tor has posted the cover for Patricia Wrede’s new omnibus, A Matter of Magic, which contains the stories Mairelon the Magician and The Magician’s Ward. I have to say, looking through all the covers, I kind of like this one the most. It’s pretty and doesn’t seem so…odd. A Matter of Magic is now available.
The current LE Contests:
- A copy of Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep. Contest ends June 10th.
- A copy of Song of Seduction by Carrie Lofty! Contest ends June 15th
- A $15 gift certificate. Contest ends August 26th or there about.
Rachel Vincent is giving away a Soul Screamers poster. Contest ends June 11th.
Dear Author is giving away a slew of summer ARCs. Contest ends June 12th at 12pm CST.
All Things Urban Fantasy has posted this weeks fabulous list of contests – over 120.
Rachel Vincent is giving away a Soul Screamers novel. Contest ends June 11th.
Jess Haines Contest Winners!
While I was at the RT Booklovers Convention, I had the amazing opportunity to talk with Jess Haines, author of the Hunted by the Others. While she was here, we decided to give away a copy of Hunted by the Others to a lucky winner. In order to enter, everyone had to answer the question: How would you fight against a supernatural if you didn’t have any powers? What kind of powers would you want to have in a fight? Now, without further ado, the winner is:
MELISSA P who said: With no superpowers, my only alternative would be to sick my toddler on them. His ferocious biting, kicking and “no” skilz would take care of the deadliest opponent.
If I got to choose a superpower? I’d probably pick some sort of freeze-ray. The best offense is a good defense and all that…
Congratulations Melissa! You have one week to send me an email at jackie AT literaryescapism DOT com, otherwise I’ll draw a new name when I post the current contest winners next weekend.