Check out the hot cover Wicked Scribes found for Joss Ware’s next Envy novel, Night Betrayed, which is due out January 25, 2011. For more cover goodness, make sure you check out the Paperback Dolls and Dark Faerie Tales.
Chloe Neill has fantastic news – Penguin bought Chicagoland Vampires #5, 6 and 7! <begin chanting> we’re getting more Merit and Ethan….we’re getting more Merit and Morgan <end chanting> There is obviously no release dates or titles yet, but at least we know they will be there. *grin*
- Abigail, from All Things Urban Fantasy, at Book Chick City
- Tate Hallaway, author of Almost to Die For, by Ellz Readz
- Cassandra Clare, author of Clockwork Angel, by Paperback Dolls
- Marjorie Liu, author of In the Dark of Dreams, at Borders SciFi
- Anthony Francis, author of Frost Moon, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Jeri Smith-Ready, author of Bring on the Night, at Bitten by Books
- Rebecca Maizel, author of Infinite Days, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- CS Harris, author of What Angels Fear, by Paperback Dolls
- Stacia Kane, author of Unholy Ghosts, by Book Chick City
- Rebecca Maizel, author of Infinite Days, at Dark Faerie Tales
- Eve Silver, author of Sins of the Heart, at Bitten by Books
- Christina Dodd and Sherrilyn Kenyon, authors of the Chosen Ones and Dark-Hunters series, by Project Paranormal
Rachel Vincent has posted the back over copy for My Soul to Steal. She plans on revealing the cover this weekend, so keep your eyes open for that to start making the rounds.
The hubby came home yesterday to tell me that Anne Rice was on NPR explaining her decision to leave the Catholic Church. When asked if this decision could mark a return to the genre that made her famous, Rice had to say:
“Certainly I will never go back to being that atheist and that pessimist that I was,” she says. “I live now in a world that I feel God created, and I feel I live in a world where God witnesses everything that happens. … That’s a huge change from the atheist I was when I wrote the vampire novels.”
Rice says she’s now interested “in new themes, new characters, new stories.” She says her upcoming work “will continue to reflect the optimism and the optimistic viewpoint that I was able to reach when I converted.”
SyFy has announed seven new scripted series that may run as early as this fall. SciFi Wire doesn’t exactly say when they’ll run, but considering the network is launches these off of Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven’s ratings successes, my guess is they won’t take too long to get them out. The one that really interests me is Sherwood (kind of sounds like Firefly in a roundabout way):
In this “Robin Hood” story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.
Writer: Damian Kindler
Executive Producers: Damian Kindler, Martin Wood, and Amanda Tapping for My Plastic Badgers Productions
KT Grant has unveiled the cover and blurb for her upcoming novel, the Princess’s Bride, which will be released by Ravenous Romance.
Daisy de Fleurre, an exiled princess from a far away land, longs for true love. She almost experienced that at the tender age of eighteen, when she and her servant Chelsey, engaged in a smoldering love affair for one brief summer before they were both separated forever. Eight years later, Daisy is now engaged to a man who wants to offer her the world. But Daisy still longs for the woman she has never forgotten.
The dastardly lady pirate C.W. Dread, lives for revenge against Lord Humphrey, the man who murdered her family. She will kidnap Humphrey’s fiancée, hold her for ransom, and introduce her to the delights of the flesh. Then her revenge will be complete! But Dread is in for a shock when her prisoner is a blast from her past who she once adored deep down to her very core.
Marjorie Liu is giving away a bunch of comics via Borders SciFi. Contest ends soon.
Bitten by Books is giving away an entire set of Marjorie Liu’s Hunter Kiss series. Contest ends August 6th.