Dark Faerie Tales posted the cover for A Glimpse of Darkness and I thought it was going to be another fabulous anthology. I mean, check out the authors involved – Lara Adrian, Harry Connolly, Kelly Meding, Stacia Kane, and Lucy A. Snyder – lots of potential, right? Guess what, it’s not an anthology, but a “fan-driven, multi-authored, chain story, where readers have the chance to decide the outcome of a wholly original paranormal story”. The first chapter was written by Lara Adrian (author of Taken By Midnight) and at the end, readers were able to decide what would happen next. Well, the second chapter is now available and was written by Harry Connolly (author of Game of Cages).
- Gail Carriger, author of Blameless – Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Carolyn Crane, author of Double Cross – Smash Attack Reads
- Carrie Jones, author of Need – Darkstars Fantasy News
- Jennifer Estep, author of Venom – Shiloh Walker’s Blog, Wicked Little Pixie, Paperback Dolls, That Bookish Girl and Romancing the Book
- Stacey Kade, author of The Ghost and the Goth – Bradford Bunch
- Richelle Mead, author of Last Sacrifice – Paperback Dolls
- Rachel Vincent, author of Alpha – Escape Between the Pages and Tynga’s Reviews
- Cinda Williams Chima, author of The Exiled Queen – SciFiGuy
- Melinda Metz and Laura Burns, author of Crave – Dark Faerie Tales
- Marta Acosta, author of Haunted Honeymoon – Love Vampires
- Cat Adams, author of Siren Song – Bitten by Books
- Kalayna Price, author of Grave Witch – All Things Urban Fantasy and Penguin.com
- Maria Snyder, author of Spy Glass – Eve’s Fantasy Garden
Katie MacAlister is looking for suggestions…well, ideas as to who she should write a short story about for Penguin Putnam’s November Paranormal Page.
Check out what you can now buy online – it’s the soundtrack to Outlander: The Musical.
Jenna Black has unveiled the cover and official blurb for her second Fairewalker novel, Shadowglass, which will be out January 4, 2011. Plus, in her latest newsletter, Jenna also mentioned that Sirensong will be the title for the third novel.
On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?
Carolyn Crane is giving away a copy of KT Grant’s The Claiming of Suzy. Contest ends soon.