Meljean Brook unleashed the fabulous cover for her next Guardian novel, Demon Marked, which will be out August 2, 2011.
- Alex Bledsoe, author of The Girls with Games of Blood – The Cautionary Tale
- Allie Condie, author of Matched – Page Turner
- Alyxandra Harvey, author of Out for Blood – Tygna’s Reviews
- Amanda Downum, author of The Bone Palace – Bitten by Books
- Ari Marmell, author of The Conqueror’s Shadow – Suvudu
- Carole Nelson Douglas, author of Silver Zombie – Bitten by Books
- Carrie Harris, author of Bad Taste in Boys – Dark Faerie Tales (Dark Winter Tale #11)
- Cathy Clamp, author of Blood Song – Wicked Little Pixie
- Christina Henry, author of Black Wings – Book Smugglers and Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Christine Danse, author of Island of Icarus – Meljean Brook’s Blog
- Dakota Cassidy, author of You Dropped a Blonde on Me – Wicked Little Pixie
- Jamie Wasserman, author of Blood and Sunlight – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Jennifer Rainey, author of These Hellish Happenings – Bitten by Books
- Jess Haines, author of Taken By The Others – Dark Faerie Tale (Dark Winter Tale #9)
- Jill Myles, author of My Fair Succubi – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Juliet Blackwell, author of If Walls Could Talk – League of Reluctant Adults
- Kimberly Derting, author of Desires of the Dead – Page Turner
- KT Grant, author of The Christmas Fantasy – Wicked Little Pixie
- Lauren Dane, author of Believe – EHarlequin
- Maria Snyder, author of Spy Glass – Between the Covers, The Secret Writer, Finding Wonderland and Page Turner
- Moira Rogers, author of Freeze Line – Wicked Little Pixie
- Monica Burns, author of Assassin’s Heart – Escape Between the Pages
- Richelle Mead, author of Last Sacrifice – Galley Cat
- Suzi Davis, author of Amber Frost – Bitten by Books
- Terry Spear, author of Wolf Fever – SciFiGuy
- Tracey O’Hara, author of Death’s Sweet Embrace – Tygna’s Reviews (Dark Winter Tale #10)
There were a bunch of great covers posted over the last couple of days. Check out the pretty cover for Mark del Franco’s next Connor Grey novel, Uncertain Allies, which comes out April 26, 2011. I’m running a little behind this week (stupid snow days), but I have a bunch more covers to post in the FB album, so keep an eye out for them.
SyFy Blastr (originally SciFi Wire) has posted the three new pics Warner Brothers has released for the upcoming Ryan Reynolds movie, Green Lantern. Honestly, I’m not digging the costumes as depicted in the images. Not a flattering look.
Suvudu has a fabulous list of SF/F authors who are on twitter, plus there are more in the comments.
Jeri Smith-Ready is cleaning out her closets and readers and charities alike are benefiting from it. Jeri is offering readers their pick of her books when they give a minimum of $5 to a charity of their choice. For more details, click here. Here’s an idea, if you participate in the Child’s Play Giveaway, you might be able to use that same email (confirmation of donation) as your ticket for Jeri’s giveaway as well. Worth a shot, right?
Lily Yu and Rule Turner’s engagement announcement is stirring up ugly passions in the Humans First camp. There’s hate mail. Death threats. Lily’s car is vandalized. But professionally, things are going smoothly . . . until a lupus in Tennessee goes on a killing spree.
Then Rule’s brother, Benedict, catches a lovely intruder–twice. The first time she’s sneaking around the home of the leader of Humans First. The second time, she sneaks into Nokolai Clanhome with a mysterious potion.
It may not be possible to deal with the rapidly escalating situation the way Lily always has: through the law. Especially when she’s pulled off the case due to an alleged conflict of interest. Lily’s loyalties will be stretched to the breaking point when she discovers that the deaths in Tennessee were only the opening skirmish in an all-out war.
Diana Gabaldon has posted another snippet from the eight Outlander novel she’s currently working on.
Want to make your very own steampunk gun? Check out this fabulous steampunk style gun, that was made with a Nerf Maverick.
Tor has available a great steampunk shopping guide for anyone trying to get in any last minute holiday shopping.
Galaxy Express has a fabulous editorial about cursing in science fiction romance.
Babbling about Books has another great WTF or Not post. The strange things Katiebabs finds still amuses me to no end.
Dark Faerie Tales has a review for BookSwim, which seems to be like Netflix. I have to say, I’m not sure what I think of BookSwim. The idea has merit, but when I think about my reading habits, I’m wondering if it could keep up. If I can only take 3 books out at a time, I would have to immediately return the last one I read so I could have my next one show up. Without any kids around, I could easily go through 3 books in 3 days, so there would be a couple of days I wouldn’t have any books to read (unlikely I know, but it’s the idea). On top of that, it’s $24 a month for the lowest plan. I’m also thinking of this – how many books do I normally check out during one trip to the library, let’s say 6 if I count the monkey’s too? It doesn’t cost me $24 to drive to the library, so I’m wondering if there’s any savings in this at all? I can see this being great for anyone living away from a library though. Well, BookSwim is currently offering a 3 month trial period, so maybe I’ll try that and see what I think.
SyFy Blastr has the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie trailer. I knew Johnny Depp was coming back, but I was still thinking Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly were going to be involved and they are not. Granted, it makes sense for them not to be returning considering the ending to At World’s End, but the thought was still there. Regardless, On Stranger Tides does look to be entertaining.
Via GoodReads, Tor is giving away copies of the following titles, all ending on December 19th:
- The Affinity Bridge by George Mann (2 copies)
- The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt
- Dreadnought by Cherie Priest (4 copies)
- The Half-Made World by Felix Gilman
- Kingdom Beyond the Waves by Stephen Hunt
- Mainspring by Jay Lake (3 copies)
- Not Less Than Gods by Kage Baker (9 copies)
- The Osiris Ritual by George Mann (2 copies)
- Second Glass of Absinthe by Michelle Black (6 copies)
More to come tomorrow!