It’s the last month of the year long New Author Challenge, so let’s go out with a bang. For the final New Author Mini Challenge, the goal is to read up to 5 new UF novels that are MALE dominated. The novels have to either be written by or star a man as the main character. Have you signed up for it yet? Do you have your books ready? Let’s see those details again:
For instance: Storm Front by Jim Butcher, The Devil You Know by Mike Carey, Unshapely Things by Mark del Franco, Something from the Nightside by Simon Green, Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis, Staked by J. F. Lewis and Mortal Coils by Eric Nylund – all of which begin fabulous new series.
Here are the pertinent details for the challenge:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from December 1st through the 31st. All reviews must have an December 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different novels from any author that appears on the board. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), so hopefully everyone will be able to find a new author.
To add a little incentive for this mini-challenge, each participant will have a chance to win a copy of Jim Butcher’s new novel, Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files. Here are the contest details:
- At the end of the year, I’ll draw one winner from all the reviews posted. The winner will be announced by January 8th, so you’ll have until January 3rd to get your review into Mr. Linky (remember though, all reviews must have a December date).
- Each participant will have 10 chances to get their name in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Staked by J. F. Lewis and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries.
If you are trying a new author, make sure you include them in your list for the main New Authors Challenge.
When adding your link to Mr Linky, please use the following format: your name (title of the book – author). Whether you want to put your name or your blog name is up to you. I’ll be closing Mr. Linky at 9pm EST on January 3rd, so make sure all your links are added by then. Please only add your review links here – this is where you can signed up.
Now…who has everyone tried?