As if anyone needs a reason to run to their favorite bookstore, but check out all the fabulous titles that have hit the shelves today. There’s a ton of great authors here…why are you still reading this, go to the bookstore now! *grin*
- The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance – an anthology
- Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear (Forerunner Saga #1)
- Shadowspell by Jenna Black (Faeriewalker #2)
- The Lost Gate by Scott Orson Card (Mithermages)
- Awakened by PC Cast (House of Night)
- Demon Marked by Anna Evans
- A Hard Day’s Knight by Simon R Green
- Taken By The Others by Jess Haines (H&W Investigations #2)
- A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah! by Harry Harrison
- Of Truth and Beasts by Barb & JC Hendee
- Immortal Champion by Lisa Hendrix (Immortal Brotherhood)
- Nocturne by Syrie James
- Finding Destiny by Jean Johnson (Sons of Destiny)
- Master of Smoke by Angela Knight (Mageverse #7)
- Night School by Mari Mancusi (Blood Coven #5)
- Surrender to Darkness by Annette McCleave (Soul Gatherers #3)
- Hexbound by Chloe Neill (Dark Elite #2)
- Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
- Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephenie Rowe
- Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian #3)
- A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
- Frostfire by Lynn Viehl (Kyndred #3)
- Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi #7)
- The Soul Mirror by Carol Berg (Collegia Magica #2)
In a royal city beset by hauntings, plagues of birds, and strange sinkholes that swallow light and buildings, whispers of necromancy swirl about the queen’s volatile sorcerer.
Scholarly, reclusive Anne de Vernase rejoices that she lacks magical talent. Her father’s pursuit of illicit sorcery has left her beloved family in ruins and her future bleak. But a plague of murders compels Anne to unravel a dead sister’s magical puzzle. With none to trust but a friend she cannot see, Anne must investigate matters beyond science – a centuries-old rivalry, the boundaries of death, and the most dangerous sorcerer in Sabria . . .
- Enter the Zombie by David Lubar (Nathan Ambercrombie, Accidental Zombie)
When Mr. Murphy finds out that evil organization RABID is using a student academic and athletic competition to recruit agents, he asks Nathan, Abigail, and Mookie to form a team and enter the contest.
Things go terribly wrong when Nathan’s nemesis, Rodney the bully, forms his own team to go up against Nathan. Soon Rodney and his pals start to notice some very odd things about Nathan. Will they discover Nathan’s secret and expose his zombie identity to the entire world?
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
In the beginning, there’s a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she’s part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn’t easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there’s another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara’s less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she’d have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.