Did you know that the conclusion to the epic Signs of the Zodiac series by Vicki Pettersson, The Neon Graveyard, will be released on May 31st? Joanna has been through a lot and for fans of the series, I’m sure they are eagerly awaiting to see how this will all end. Especially considering how Cheat the Grave ended. Wait, you haven’t read Cheat the Grave? What are you waiting for? Is it just because you haven’t been able to get your hands on a copy yet? If so, you’re in luck. The wonderful people at Harper Collins have given me four copies of Cheat the Grave to give away to four wonderfully delinquent readers – yes you’re all delinquent if you haven’t read this series, as am I and I’ve fully accepted this.
To enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: What are you going to miss about Joanna and this wonderful series? For those of us who haven’t read, or finished, it yet, why should we? If you haven’t read it, why not? Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered. (US only)
As always, there’s more ways of getting your name in the hat (remember, these aren’t mandatory to enter, just extra entries):
- +1 for each place you post about today’s contest on your blog, social network, or anywhere you can. Digg it, stumble it, twit it, share it with the world. Wherever you share it, make sure you add a link to it along with your answer.
- +1 to any review of Vicki’s novels you comment on, however, comments must be meaningful. Just give me the title of the review and I’ll be able to figure it out from there.
- +1 If you are a follower of Literary Escapism on Facebook and/or Twitter
- +10 Purchase any of Vicki’s novels (listed above) through LE’s Amazon store or the Book Depository sometime during this contest and send a copy of the receipt VIA email for your purchase to: jackie AT literaryescapism DOT com. Each purchase is worth ten entries.
The winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
The contest will stay open until May 31st, when The Neon Graveyard is released, at which time I’ll determine the winner with help from the Research Randomizer and the List Randomizer. I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.
If you haven’t read Jennifer’s review of The Neon Graveyard, well why not? Vicki and I sat down to discuss Joanna and the Zodiac world last summer; if you missed it, you can read the two-part interview here and here. Wait, you are familiar with Vicki, right?
Pettersson was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. Her birthdate is in November, making her a Sagittarius like her Zodiac series protagonist, Joanna Archer. She was a showgirl for “Les Folies Bergere” for 10 years at the Tropicana before giving up show business to be a mother and author.
Pettersson first tried writing historical fiction, but somehow it didn’t quite fit. She found her calling in Dark Urban Fantasy. She named a casino “Valhalla” in her books as a sort of homage to her historical fiction roots.
The idea for the Zodiac series came to Pettersson in a dream. She chose Las Vegas as the setting for her Zodiac series because she says, “it’s the best possible place in the world for strange characters, and because I know it well.
Signs of the Zodiac
- The Scent of Shadows at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Taste of Night at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Touch of Twilight at Amazon or the Book Depository
- City of Souls at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Cheat the Grave at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Neon Graveyard at Amazon or the Book Depository
Once she was a soldier for the Light, the prophesied savior who would decide the outcome of the eternal conflict raging unseen in the dark corners of her glittering hometown. Now Joanna Archer is just another mortal—still born of an impossible union of Shadow and Light . . . still hunted by both—and carrying the unborn child of a lover held captive by a depraved demon goddess. Joining forces with a band of rogue Shadow agents, Joanna’s ready to storm the stronghold of her demonic foe, risking everything to enter this ghastly, godforsaken realm where the price of admission is her eternal soul. Because in a world that has stripped her of her power, identity, and fortune, Joanna has nothing left to lose—except her baby, her future, and the epic war poised to consume the city.
Unbound at Amazon or the Book Depository
Holidays Are Hell at Amazon or the Book Depository
Dark and Stormy Knights at Amazon or the Book Depository
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance at Amazon or the Book Depository