There’s nothing better than trying a new author or a new series. Jenna Black is back with a new series and it all starts in Dark Descendant. Have you had a chance to check it out yet?
Nikki Glass can track down any man. But when her latest client turns out to be a true descendant of Hades, Nikki now discovers she can’t die. . . . Crazy as it sounds, Nikki’s manhunting skills are literally god-given. She’s a living, breathing descendant of Artemis who has stepped right into a trap set by the children of the gods. Nikki’s new “friends” include a descendant of Eros, who uses sex as a weapon; a descendant of Loki, whose tricks are no laughing matter; and a half-mad descendant of Kali who thinks she’s a spy. But most powerful of all are the Olympians, a rival clan of immortals seeking to destroy all Descendants who refuse to bow down to them. In the eternal battle of good god/bad god, Nikki would make a divine weapon. But if they think she’ll surrender without a fight, the gods must be crazy….
I love Black’s Morgan Kingsley series, so I can’t wait to try this new one.
One author I’ve been hearing a lot of is Stacey Jay and she also has a new novel coming out, Dead on the Delta, that has a gorgeous cover. I’m sure you want to check this one out too, right?
Once upon a time, fairies were the stuff of bedtime stories and sweet dreams. Then came the mutations, and the dre-ams became nightmares. Mosquito-size fairies now indulge their taste for human blood—and for most humans, a fairy bite means insanity or death. Luckily, Annabelle Lee isn’t most humans. The hard-drinking, smart-mouthed, bicycle-riding redhead is immune to fairy venom, and able to do the dirty work most humans can’t. Including helping law enforcement— and Cane Cooper, the bayou’s sexiest detective—collect evidence when a body is discovered outside the fairy-proof barricades of her Louisiana town.
But Annabelle isn’t equipped to deal with the murder of a sixyear- old girl or a former lover-turned-FBI snob taking an interest in the case. Suddenly her already bumpy relationship with Cane turns even rockier, and even the most trust-worthy friends become suspects. Annabelle’s life is imploding: between relationship drama, a heartbreaking murder investigation, Breeze-crazed drug runners, and a few too many rum and Cokes, Annabelle is a woman on the run—from her past, toward her future, and into the arms of a darkness waiting just for her. . . .
I don’t know about you guys, but these sound fabulous, and guess what I have two copies of each to give away thanks to Simon and Schuster. I know there are already a couple of contests out there for these same two books, so I’m going to do something a little different. Instead of four winners, one for each of the four novels, I’m only going to draw two and they will get one of each of these titles. How does that sound?
To enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: What new author or series have you recently discovered? Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered. (US only)
As always, there’s more ways of getting your name in the hat (remember, these aren’t mandatory to enter, just extra entries):
- +1 for each place you post about today’s contest on your blog, social network, or anywhere you can. Digg it, stumble it, twit it, share it with the world. Wherever you share it, make sure you add a link to it along with your answer.
- +1 to any review of Vicki’s novels you comment on, however, comments must be meaningful. Just give me the title of the review and I’ll be able to figure it out from there.
- +1 If you are a follower of Literary Escapism on Facebook and/or Twitter
- +10 Purchase any of Jenna or Stacey’s novels (listed below) through LE’s Amazon store or the Book Depository sometime during this contest and send a copy of the receipt VIA email for your purchase to: jackie AT literaryescapism DOT com. Each purchase is worth ten entries.
The winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
The contest will stay open until May 31st, when Dead on the Delta is released, at which time I’ll determine the winner with help from the Research Randomizer and the List Randomizer. I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.
Meet Jenna Black!
Jenna Black is your typical writer. Which means she’s an “experience junkie.” She got her BA in physical anthropology and French from Duke University.
Once upon a time, she dreamed she would be the next Jane Goodall, camping in the bush making fabulous discoveries about primate behavior. Then, during her senior year at Duke, she did some actual research in the field and made this shocking discovery: primates spend something like 80% of their time doing such exciting things as sleeping and eating.
Concluding that this discovery was her life’s work in the field of primatology, she then moved on to such varied pastimes as grooming dogs and writing technical documentation. She is now a full-time writer and lives in North Carolina with her husband and two dogs.
Guardians of the Night
- Watchers in the Night at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Secrets in the Shadows at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Shadows On The Soul at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Hungers of the Heart at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Devil Inside at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Devil You Know at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Devil’s Due at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Speak of the Devil at Amazon or the Book Depository
- The Devil’s Playground at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Glimmerglass at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Shadowspell at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Sirensong at Amazon or the Book Depository
Meet Stacey Jay!
Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can’t think of anything she’d rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real) and yoga instructor.
Megan Berry, Zombie Settler
- You Are So Undead to Me at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Undead Much? at Amazon or the Book Depository
- Valentine’s Day of the Undead at Amazon or the Book Depository