As if anyone needs a reason to run to their favorite bookstore, but check out all the fabulous titles that have hit the shelves today. There’s a ton of great authors here…why are you still reading this, go to the bookstore now! *grin*
- Happily Ever After an anthology fearuting Gregory Maguire, Bill Willingham, Susanna Clarke and Neil Gaiman
- The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities an anthology featuring Carrie Vaughn
- Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz (Beauchamp Family Book #1)
- The Darkest Heart by Thea Devine
- Collide by Megan Hart
- Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
- Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley
- Embraced by Blood by Laurie London
- Dead Rules by Randy Russell
- Vacation with a Vampire by Maggie Shayne and Maureen Child
- A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
- Shadowcry by Jenna Burtenshaw (Secrets of Wintercraft)
The Night of Souls—when the veil between the living and the dead is thinnest—is only days away.
Albion is at war . . . and losing.
The wardens have descended, kidnapping innocent citizens for their army, but looking for one in particular.
And fifteen-year-old Kate Winters has just raised a blackbird from the dead.
As her home is torn apart by the wardens, Kate’s discovery that she is one of the Skilled—the rare people who can cross the veil between life and death—makes her the most hunted person in all of Albion. Only she can unlock the secrets of Wintercraft, the ancient book of dangerous knowledge. Captured and taken to the graveyard city of Fume—with its secret tunnels and underground villages, and where her own parents met their deaths ten years ago—Kate must harness her extraordinary powers to save herself, her country, and the two men she cares for most. And she’ll make a pact with a murderer to do it.
Those who wish to see the dark, be ready to pay your price.
- Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich (Stephenie Plum #17)
Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. The bail bonds office has burned to the ground, and bodies are turning up in the empty construction lot. To make matters worse, Stephanie is working out of a motor home she shares with a dancing bear, and Joe Morelli’s old world grandmother has declared a vendetta against her. And just when Stephanie decides it might be time to choose between the two men in her life, Morelli and Ranger, a third man from Stephanie’s past moves back to Trenton…
- The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood
Jessamine Luxson lives with her father, Thomas, an apothecary, in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle. Thomas’s pride and obsession is his locked garden full of dangerous plants, which Jessamine is forbidden to enter.
When a traveler brings an orphan to their cottage, he claims the boy has special gifts that Thomas might value. Jessamine is drawn to the strange but intriguing boy, called Weed. Soon their friendship deepens into love. Finally, Weed shares his secret: He can communicate with plants. For him they have distinct personalities—and some are even murderous. From the locked garden the poisonous plants call to Weed, luring him with promises of deadly power.
When Jessamine falls inexplicably ill, only Weed’s relationship with the Poisons can save her. But Thomas is determined to exploit Weed’s abilities, even if it risks Jessamine’s life—or drives Weed to the brink of madness.…