Kelley Armstrong has posted the third chapter to her Online Story.
Richelle Mead has posted the first chapter to her upcoming Georgina Kincaid novel, Succubus Revealed, which is due out August 30th. The first chapter to her upcoming Bloodlines was been posted on Scribd.
Jeri Smith-Ready will begin her serial novella, Let It Bleed, a WVMP Vampire story, on Tuesday, July 26th. This won’t be your typical online serial either:
Let it Bleed will be a serial novella, that you, my friends, get to take part in.
At the end of each chapter, I’ll post one question, asking you to guess what happens next. Maybe it’ll be old-school soap-opera style like, “Whose baby is Felicity carrying?”, “Where did Dorian hide the murder weapon?” and “Will Chandler forgive Marguerite for sleeping with his four brothers and embezzling a quarter mil from his alpaca farm?”
Think Dark Shadows with blue jeans ‘n’ loud music.
Anyway, your guess will get you entered into a drawing for your choice of signed books in the WVMP Radio series.
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Black Heart Loa – Patricia’s Vampire Notes, Dark Faerie Tales
- Alix Rickoff, author of Lord of Shadow – SOS Aloha
- Alyxandra Harvey, author of Haunting Violet – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Brandon Sanderson, author of The Way of Kings – Suvudu (Part One and Two)
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty’s Big Trouble – Book Chick City
- Christina Henry, author of Black Night – Rex Robot Reviews, Paperback Dolls,
- Christine Cody, author of Bloodlands – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Clay & Susan Griffith, author of The Rift Walker – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Darynda Jones, author of Second Grave on the Left – All Things Urban Fantasy
- David Anthony Durham, author of The Other Land – Suvudu
- Diana Gabaldon, author of Outlander – Publisher Weekly
- Diana Rowland, author of My Life as A White Trash Zombi – Suvudu
- Gail Carriger, author of Heartless – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Heather Massey, author of Once Upon A Time In Space – Tor.com
- Jenn Bennett, author of Kindling the Moon – Vampire Wire
- Jennifer Estep, author of Touch of Frost – IB Book Blogging, SOS Aloha, Mundie Moms, Myth, The Universe and Everything, Book Lovers Inc, Sia McKye’s Thoughts Over Coffee, Rex Robot Reviews
- Julie Ortolon, author of Dear Cupid – Babbling About Books
- Karin Tabke, author of Blood Law – Dark Faerie Tales
- Karina Cooper, author of Blood of the Wicked – Dark Faerie Tales
- Kat Richardson, author of Downpour – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Kate Pearce, author of Simply Forbidden – Publisher Weekly
- Kelley Armstrong, author of Spell Bound – Babel Clash
- Kelly Meding, author of Another Kind of Dead – All Things Urban Fantasy, Larissa’s Bookish Life, Drey’s Library, All Things Urban Fantasy
- Kendra Leigh Castle, author of Dark Awakening – Dark Faerie Tales, Bitten by Books
- Kevin Hearne, author of Hounded – Suvudu (Part One and Two), All Things Urban Fantasy
- Kim Harrison, author of Blood Work – Suvudu (Part One and Two)
- Lee Roland, author of Viper Moon – Dark Faerie Tales
- Leslie Parrish, author of Cold Touch – Dark Faerie Tales
- Lilith Saintcrow, author of Dante Valentine – The Gatekeepers Post
- Maria Lima, author of Blood Sacrifice – Dark Faerie Tales
- Meg Cabot, author of Overbite – Publisher Weekly
- Nalini Singh, author of Kiss of Snow – Classic Hits
- Patrick Rothfuss, author of The Wise Man’s Fear – Suvudu
- Peter Orullian, author of The Unremembered – Suvudu
- Philippa Ballantine, author of Spectyr – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Rachel Caine, author of Bite Club – The Gatekeepers Post
- Seressia Glass, author of Shadow Fall – Dark Faerie Tales
- Sidney Ayers, author of Demons Prefer Blondes – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Sophie Littlefield, author of A Bad Day for Scandal – Dark Faerie Tales
- Stacia Kane, author of Be a Sex-Writing Strumpet – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Terri Garey, author of Devil Without a Cause – Dark Faerie Tales
- Thea Harrison, author of Storm’s Heart – Dark Faerie Tales
- Timothy Zahn, author of Star Wars: Choices of One – Suvudu
- Tod, from Rachel Vincent’s If I Die – Rachel Vincent’s blog
Amazon has some fabulous deals going on right now – Nicole Peeler’s Tempest Rising, Jaye Well’s Red-Head Stepchild, Melissa Marr’s Love Struck, Jeaniene Frost’s Happily Never After and Devil to Pay (coming August 23rd) – all for $1.99. Jennifer Estep’s Bigtim series (Karma Girl, Hot Mama and Jinx) is available for $2.99. Richelle Mead’s Succubus Blues is only $3.99.
Ellora’s Cave made an announcement on their facebook page the other day. Beginning August 1st, and occurring every Monday from 4-5pm EST, Jaid Black and Lisa Gray will be coming to you live via Cave Chaos. The show will cover topics ranging from female sexuality, Ellora’s Cave and anything else that comes to mind.
RT Book Reviews announced five new YA deals, including new books for Elle Jasper’s Forevermore: meet teen Ivy Calhoun. She’s a violin prodigy who uncovers a decades-old secret in a Scottish Castle and along the way falls in love — with a ghost.
Have you been curious how DC will relaunch Superman? Blastr has the scoop and now I’m kind of interested to see them do it. It almost seems like there is going to be more of a UF feel to it – more character development than in your face action. Granted, I haven’t read the original comics, so they may have already done that, but from a UF-reader POV, I’m definitely interested to see this new path Superman is taking.
io9 has the exclusive first look at the Comic Con poster for Kim Harrison’s The Hollows Insider. Now I know the con is already taking place and everyone has probably already seen it, but did you know io9 also has a few sample pages from The Hollows Insider? If you’re curious to see what it’s goign to look like, head over and check out the 6 page spread io9 has.
Sherrilyn Kenyon is the next author on the block to head to the theaters. According to Variety, Kenyon is joining with Amber Entertainment to bring her novels to life. The first up will be Infinity, the first novel in her Chronicles of Nick series. Right now, it sounds like everything is in development, so no news on a release date or anything.
Tez Says has found seven new book deals that were just announced. One such deal involves Kady Cross and a new series that sounds really interested.
Kate Locke (a.k.a. Kathryn Smith/Kady Cross): 3 books to Orbit US. God Save the Queen (July 2012) is a contemporary urban fantasy – but Queen Victoria still rules 175 years after her ascension. Half-blood Alexandra has been born into a world where horse-drawn carriages, ballgowns & corsets mesh with the modern fashions of the humans outside of the vampire aristocracy.
These are only a few of the fabulous covers that have been popping up lately. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
Goodreads is giving away:
- 10 copies of George RR Martin’s Fort Freak – ends August 15th.
- 13 copies of Felix Gilman’s The Half-Made World – ends August 15th.
- 10 copies of LE Modesitt’s The Magic of Recluce – ends August 15th.
- 10 copies of Michele Lang’s Lady Lazarus – ends August 15th.
- 4 copies of Edward Lazellari’s Awakenings – ends August 4th.
- 5 copies of Patti O’Shea’s In the Darkest Night – ends August 15th.