Jeri Smith-Ready has posted the first chapter to the final WVMP Vampire series, Let It Bleed. Chapter two will be posted next week.
These are only a few of the fabulous covers that have been popping up lately. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty’s Big Trouble – Suvudu
- Christina Henry, author of Black Night – Dark Faerie Tales
- Christine Cody, author of – Bitten by Books
- George RR Martin, author of Bloodlands – Suvudu (reposting from EW)
- Heather Massey, author of Once Upon A Time In Space – The Pen and Muse, SRF Brigade
- Jennifer Estep, author of Touch of Frost – Bitten by Books, SciFiChick, Urban Fantasy Investigations, Books to Brighten Your Mood, Flipping Pages for All Ages, Supernatural Snark, YA Bibliophile,
- Jim Butcher, author of Ghost Story – Orbit
- Justin Gustainis, author of Sympathy for the Devil – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Kasey Mackenzie, author of Green-Eyed Envy – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Katharine Kerr, author of Water to Burn – Dark Faerie Tales
- Kelley Armstrong, author of Spell Bound – Amberkatze’s Book Blog, Suvudu
- Kevin J. Anderson, author of The Key to Creation – Suvudu
- Kim Harrison, author of Blood Work – Suvudu (Part Four)
- Lynda Hilburn, author of Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker – Literal Exposure
- Nancy Gideon, author of Bound By Moonlight – Rex Robot Reveiws
- Rachel Vincent, author of Blood Bound – Dark Faerie Tales
- Tera Lynn Childs, author of Fins Are Forever – All Things Urban Fantasy
With Hollywood’s obsession with fairy tales, I have to agree with Kelly Faircloth from io9 – there are more than the 5 fairy tales that are constantly being made.
Richelle Mead is curious to see if Bloodlines can get 10,000 or more preorders in one week. If so, she’s promised to post the original first chapter to Bloodlines and any Vampire Academy fan is going to want to read this:
Bloodlines was going to be written in third POV, from every main character’s perspective. And who was originally going to kick the book off? Adrian, of course. Now, there’s a lot of Adrian wit and wisdom in Bloodlines as it is, but this “lost” first chapter was in his point of view, putting us right inside his thoughts (scary…but kind of enticing too, huh?). This chapter also covers things that were cut from Bloodlines, so it really is new material–not just a rehashing of what Sydney’s told us. It bridges the gap between the two series.
Jackie from Bitten by Books has another fabulous Off the Fang and this time she’s talking about a couple of her favorite cover models.
Are you ready for all the fabulous August releases which will start to come out next week? If not, Tez Says is showcasing what you can expect to find.
I always love hearing what people’s favorite UF series are and I get more of that fabulous since Wicked Little Pixie is doing the inquiring this time. Mmm…I need to get reading because WLP has some on her list that I haven’t read yet.
Sea Lion Books is having a #contest for a signed copy of the Hush Hush Graphic Novel and a hand crafted purse created by 2011 Books with Bites. All you have to do is tell them how much you want Patch to be your guardian angel. Contest ends August 15th. You can enter via their Facebook page or their GoodReads page (or both!)
Carolyn Crane, Meljean Brooks and Jill Myles are giving away five copies of her upcoming anthology Wild and Steamy – ends whenever the ebook comes out.
Jess Haines is giving away an H&W Investigations swag collection – ends July 30th
Preternatura is having a Readers Choice giveaway with this weeks new releases – ends soon, so go now to enter.
Tynga’s Reviews is giving away a couple of Book Depository gift cards to celebrate her 2nd blogversary – ends July 30th.
Book Chick City is giving away a set of Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter novels – Archangels’ Blood, Archangel’s Kiss and Archangel’s Consort (UK only) and a signed copy of Missy Jane’s They Call Me Death (open internationally) – ends July 29th.