It’s the new year and that means it’s time for a brand new New Author Challenge! I’m excited. Are you? I know I’m not the only one and this year we are definitely doing the Mini-Challenges. We’re not only doing them, but doing more. Just to give everyone a heads up, here are some of the themes for this year’s mini-challenges:
- Small Press authors
- Classic Horror – Dracula, Rappccuini’s Daughter, etc
- Debut Authors
- UF Male Authors
- Young Adult
- Author After Dark Tote Bag Authors
- RT Tote Bag Authors
- First in a Series
- New Genre (Out of the Comfort Zone)
For those who participated in the New Author 2010 challenge, the tote bag mini-challenges will very much be similar to the RT Board mini-challenge and will feature a most fabulous giveaway.
To help kick off the challenge, we’re kicking it off with a super easy mini-challenge. Let’s get started on finding those new authors with a goal of finding 5 in January. Here are the details:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from January 1st through the 31st. All reviews must have a January 2012 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different novels from an author you haven’t read before. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
When adding your link to Mr Linky, please use the following format: your name (title of the book – author). Whether you want to put your name or your blog name is up to you. I’ll be closing Mr. Linky at 9pm EST on February 3rd, so make sure all your links are added by then.
Now…who has everyone tried?
Cool beans. I’m reading two new to me authors right now.
Is there a problem with including books that were started in 2011 but finished in 2012? (Both for the challenge and for the mini-challenge)
So many new authors to try in 2012! I got a great Christmas haul and already have a wishlist of new releases.
Just linked up! I’m hoping to read 4 more by the end of January! Wish me luck =)
I just read the first 4 Vampire for Hire books by JR Rain. Loved, loved, loved them. I read them all in a few days, just couldn’t put them down. Can’t wait for the 5 th in series.
Whoops — Becky can’t read instructions and missed titles in the first few entries! That was Michael J. Sullivan’s Theft of Swords, Daniel O’Malley’s The Rook, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones. Sorry about that.