Did you see the latest AAD Author visiting Larissa’s Bookish Life yesterday with her own After Dark on Bourbon Street story? You should totally go read it…like now.
After Dark on Bourbon Street
Top Ten Things a Werewolf Does in New Orleans Compiled by Sam
- Eat a burger at Clover Grill. Ask for it unnaturally rare.
- Stand outside Marie Leveau’s House of Voodoo and get all puffy when the psychic hands you the moon card.
- Piss on the outer wall of your hotel room, warning off the other random wandering werepuppies.
- Scare the mules and piss off the carriage drivers, leaving your lover to pay double for a tip.
- Eat another burger and stare at the crawfish like they’re bugs.
- Tease the man at the Vampire Boutique about believing in things that go bump in the night.
- Go to the herb store and ask if they have catnip. Lots and lots of catnip.
- Stare down a table of teenagers at the Café du Monde until they give up the table.
- Buy a t-shirt that says “Howling in NOLA”.
- Bourbon Street, 3 hurricanes, a dog collar, and rare steak. That’s all the detail you get.
Top Ten Things a Werepanther Does in New Orleans Compiled by Gus
- Wrinkle your nose at a perfectly good burger and lap at your milkshake while staring at the hotties at the gay bar across the street.
- Get your palm read by some poor girl on the Square and never say a word while she tries to figure out why you have no life line while flirting with her brother. Her ugly brother.
- Flirt with every male in the city, making your lover growl.
- Flirt with the carriage driver. And the mule.
- Suck those nasty mudbugs instead of your lover.
- Flirt with the clerk at the Vampire Boutique.
- Threaten to buy wolfsbane. Then roll around on the hotel bed in the catnip. (This one is a total do-over.)
- Lick powdered sugar off your fingers at the Café du Monde.
- Tear a perfectly good tourist shirt off your long-suffering lover.
- *grins* Did you know they made catnip soap at the herb store?
Gus and Sam are featured in Just Like Cats and Dogs.
Meet BA Tortuga!
I enjoy indulging in the shallow side of life, with hobbies that include collecting margarita recipes, hot tub dips, and ogling hot guys at the beach. A connoisseur of the perverse and esoteric, my days are spent among dusty tomes of ancient knowledge, or, conversely, surfing porn sites in the name of research. Mixing the natural born southern propensity for sarcasm and the environmental western straight-shooting sensibility, I do my damnedest to produce mainstream fiction, literary erotica, and fine works of pure, unadulterated smut.
With characters ranging from supernatural demons to modern-day cowboys, alternative illustrated men to Victorian dandies, the addiction to history and atmosphere is ever present, and laced through with sensual pleasure. my latest projects include werewolves, rodeo cowboys, and fist-fighting rednecks.
Want to purchase BA Tortuga’s novels?
Deep in the Heart of Hexes at Amazon
Unwrapped at Amazon
Cabin Fever at Amazon
Roughstock: And a Smile: Coke’s Clown at Amazon
Just Like Cats & Dogs at Amazon
Down by the River at Amazon
Oil and Water at Amazon
Bad for Business at Amazon
Amorzinhos at Amazon
Rain and Whiskey at Amazon
Thank you BA Tortuga for taking the time to stop by Literary Escapism for our Authors After Dark on Bourbon Street event!
Larissa and I are giving away two $25 ARe gift certificates and to enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: What did Gus or Sam leave off of their top 10 list? While we’re at the AAD Conference, where should we hit up?Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered
Even though we won’t be giving any additional entries, you can still help support the authors by sharing this event and their articles on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere you can. After all, the more people who are aware of these fabulous authors will ensure we get more fabulous stories.
I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.