I am excited to welcome authors Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe as they celebrate the release of Dating the Undead.
Welcome to the first and only guide devoted to loving the immortal man in all of his furry, feathery, fiery glory. Here is a forbidden-fruit salad of features, fiction, fashion, and more, including:
— Lipstick on His Collar — Is your immortal just a little bit…immoral?
— Angel in the Kitchen — Heavenly dishes that don’ take an eternity to prepare
— A Kiss is not just a Kiss — Immortals we crave divulge their lip-smacking turn-ons
— Undead & Well-Read — What’s hot between the covers this month
— A View from a Guy — Zombie Jack’s turn
— Immorstrology Our indispensable guide to heavenly bodies
Make sure you stick around to the end. We’ll be giving away a copy of Dating the Undead.
Why, Oh Why, Do We Love THEM So?
Nine Reasons We Crave Immortals
What is it about undead dudes that really gets us going? Their looks, for sure—whether your taste runs to sensitive Angel types or steamin’ Demons. But there are so many other reasons to fall for an immortal, and we’ve assembled our Top 9—you can decide the 10th!
- Their manly beauty doesn’t have an expiration date, and neither does their dangerous bad-boy appeal! He’ll look just as
handsome—and still have new tricks up his flowing sleeve—for all eternity. So . . . go ahead, Dragon-lover, play with fire every day—those flames will never die. And he’ll never have to go on your insurance plan, either.
- You’ll never be ashamed to be seen with him. Most immortals dress better than we do (though some can use a little
help from us . . . if he’s one of them, see page 67 for helpful tips on making over his wardrobe). So, say goodbye to phrases like, “You’re not going to wear that, are you?” and walk down the street proudly beside him. (You might even want to borrow some of his scarves— especially if you are hiding a few telltale “love bites.”)
- They can afford to show you a good time. Living forever is great for the bank account—they’ve been stashing away dough since the days of pirate treasure, and they know the stock market like the backs of their hairy hands. Go ahead and buy the strappy sandals and the red patent pumps—your howlin’ hottie won’t complain when the bill comes.
- Due to circumstances beyond their control, very few immortals have mothers. Think about it. This means you’ll never have a mother-in-law to pass judgment on how you dress, cook, or keep house. You heard right: there’s no such thing as a “monster-in-law.”
- Enjoy flying? How about without a plane? Yep, you’re bound to get carried away when you date an immortal—and I mean dinner for two in Paris followed by a stroll around Sydney harbor. No need to fasten your seatbelts, either. These guys have a perfect safety record, even when carrying a dressed-to-the-nines LG under their ever-lovin’ wings.
- Hard-bodied perfection is the norm among immortals. Who knows why, but those rippling muscles and washboard abs
go with the territory. No matter how many bags of Doritos your Zombie scarfs down or how much steak tartare your Werewolf
devours, he’ll maintain his glorious physique for the duration. (And, with the workout he gives you, so will you!) Oh, and as for his dome—he’ll never go bald, guaranteed.
- Chores no more. Not only are immortals eager to please, most of them never sleep. So go ahead, lazybones, stay in bed til
three. Just leave him a to-do list and your house will be spotless and your fridge filled with your favorite treats by the time you get up.
- Not just sexy—romantic, too. What might seem old-fashioned to some guys is “classic” to an immortal, from bringing home flowers to remembering every anniversary (including the first bite or first full moon together). After all, he was once a genuine Victorian gentleman. If rose petals on the sheets never get old for you, go immortal!
- Need space? No problem. An immortal is never clingy or (too) possessive—on the contrary, he is happy to let you enjoy a night out with the gals or watch Twilight for the 25th time. Maybe it’s because he needs his alone time too, to enjoy a wing massage, moisturize his paws, oil his scales, or (in Zombie’s case) reach that last level of his favorite video game. You’ll never feel smothered—except occasionally by his awesome wings, but that’s okay, right?
Meet Gena Showalter!
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 30 books, ranging from white-hot paranormal romances set all over the world (and even in some places that do not technically exit), sexy contemporary novels and thrilling young adult novels.
Want to purchase Gena’s novels?
- Intertwined at Amazon | Book Depository
- Unraveled at Amazon | Book Depository
- Twisted at Amazon | Book Depository
Angels of the Dark
Tales of an Extra-ordinary Girl
Atlantis Series Bundle at Amazon
The Alien Huntress Bundle at Amazon
The Darkest Facts at Amazon
Into the Dark (omnibus) at Amazon | Book Depository
Lords of the Underworld Bundle at Amazon
Dating the Undead at Amazon | Book Depository
Meet Jill Monroe!
Jill Monroe is an award winning author of 10 novels. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and children. When not writing, Jill spends her days thinking of ways to avoid cleaning, and finding the recipe that will please everyone in the family.”
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads
Want to purchase Jill’s novels?
Dating the Undead at Amazon | Book Depository
Never Naughty Enough at Amazon | Book Depository
Tall, Dark and Filthy Rich at Amazon | Book Depository
Sealed and Delivered at Amazon | Book Depository
SEALed with a Kiss at Amazon | Book Depository
Lord of Rage at Amazon | Book Depository
Endless Summer at Amazon | Book Depository
Share the Darkness at Amazon | Book Depository
Hitting the Mark at Amazon | Book Depository
Primal Instincts at Amazon | Book Depository
Thank you Author for taking the time to stop by Literary Escapism!
Author is giving away a copy of Dating the Undead. To enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: What’s the tenth reason for why we crave immortals? Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered.
Even though I’m not giving the additional entries any more, you can still help support the author by sharing their article, and this contest, on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere you can. After all, the more people who are aware of this fabulous author ensures we get more fabulous stories.
The winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
The contest will stay open until March 6th at which time I’ll determine the winner with help from the snazzy new plug-in I have.
I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.