Back in April, Casey and I had the chance to attend the RT Booklovers Convention. While we were there, we dragged around these spiffy posters and harassed authors into signing them for us. Can you guess what we’re going to do now? It’s time for another New Authors Mini Challenge (with a contest) and we’re going to do it just like we did in 2010. *grin* Casey and I were there for the whole thing, so we have two shiny posters filled with authors who would love to find a few new readers. Here’s the details for the challenge:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from now through August 31st. All reviews must have a July/August 2012 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different novels from any author that appears on the board. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all of the listed authors, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel.
However, since there are quite a few names on each board, we’re going to separate this challenge into two parts. On this day, the challenge, and contest, begins for the poster shown. In order to get your name in the drawing for a chance at this RT Poster, all you have to do is read and review a novel by one of the authors on the poster shown. Here are the names appear, and as I’ve been able to read:
Shannon K Butcher, Jane Kindred, Anne Rice, Kristin Painter, Robin Hobb, Pamela Palmer, Carole Nelson Douglas, Aaron Ritchley, Colleen Gleason | Joss Ware, Rachel Vincent, Kasey Mackenzie, Veronica Wolff, Yasmine Galenorn, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Shona Husk, Ilona Andrews, Lisa Hendrix, Jessa Slade, Lisa Shearin, Cynthia Hand, Jenna Black, Sarah Rees Brennan, Kerrelyn Sparks, Jeaniene Frost, Carrie Ryan, Kate Pearce, Christina Henry, Jana Oliver, Clay & Susan Griffith, Aprilynne Pike, Ann Aguirre, Veronica Roth, Lynda Hilburn, Kimberly Derting, Jus Accardo, Francine Pascal, Laurie London, Kelly Abell, Rachel Caine, Sandy Williams, Sophia Jordan, Brodi Ashton, Cole Gibson, Shannon Delaney…
I’m still trying to decipher many of the signatures, but this is what I’ve come up with so far. If you’ve noticed one I’ve forgotten, please let us know in the comments and I’ll get it included in the list. Hopefully this is a sweet prize, because I think it is. After all, when else will you get a chance to have this many authors signed in one place? Here are the contest details:
- At the end of August, I’ll draw one winner from all the reviews posted. The winner will be announced the weekend of September 3rd, so you’ll have until then to get your review into Mr. Linky (remember though, all reviews must have an August date)
- Each participant will have 10 chances to get their name in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries.
The second part of this reading challenge, and thus the second poster, will begin on August 1st and end on September 15th. To get a head start on which authors will be focused during that time period, you can see the poster here.
If you are trying a new author, make sure you include them in your list for the main New Authors Challenge.
When adding your link to Mr Linky, please use the following format: your name (title of the book – author). Whether you want to put your name or your blog name is up to you. I’ll be closing Mr. Linky at 9pm EST on September 3rd, so make sure all your links are added by then.
So who is up for another New Authors Mini Challenge?