As if anyone needs a reason to run to their favorite bookstore, check out all the fabulous titles that have hit the shelves today. There’s a ton of great authors here…why are you still reading this, go to the bookstore now! *grin* Wait, did I miss any? If so, let us know!
- The Mongoliad: Book One Collector’s Edition an anthology featuring Neal Stephenson, Erik Bear, Greg Bear and Joseph Brassey
- The Mongoliad: Book Two an anthology featuring Neal Stephenson, Erik Bear, Greg Bear and Joseph Brassey
- The Undead In My Bed an anthology featuring Katie MacAlister, Molly Harper, Jessica Sims
- Dark Light of Day by Jill Archer (Noon Onyx)
- Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong (HC)
- Seduction’s Shift by AC Arthur (Shadow Shifters)
- Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks (Montgomerys & Armstrongs #1)
- Shadows by Ilsa Bick (Ashes)
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle
- Shadow Rising by Cassi Carver (Shadow Slayers #2)
- Sacrifice the Wicked by Karina Cooper (Dark Mission)
- Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz
- Covet by Melissa Darnell
- A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
- How to Marry a Warlock in 10 Days by Saranna DeWylde (10 Days #2)
- The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen (Mephisto #2)
- Dark Predator by Christine Feehan
- The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost
- Dawn’s Desire by Donna Grant (Dark Kings #3)
- Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel (Zombie #2)
- The Scoundrel by Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake: Curse of the Damned #3)
- A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
- Kiss of Surrender by Sandra Hill (Deadly Angels #2)
- The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
- Falling to Ash by Karen Mahoney
- Something Witchy This Way Comes by HP Mallory (Jolie Wilkins)
- Yesterday by CK Kelly Martin
- Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
- Hold ‘Em by Katie Porter (Vegas Top Guns #3)
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)
- Personal Demon by Susan Sizemore
- The Forbidden Lady by Kerrelyn Sparks
- The Moonstone and Miss Jones by Jillian Stone (Phaeton Black #2)
- Alchemystic by Anton Strout (Spellmason Chronicles #1)
- Blaze by Joan Swan (Phoenix Rising #2)
- Dreamer by Mark Teppo
- Rapture by JR Ward (Fallen Angels #4)
- The Infects by Sean Beaudoin
A feast for the brain, this gory and genuinely hilarious take on zombie culture simultaneously skewers, pays tribute to, and elevates the horror genre.
Seventeen-year-old Nero is stuck in the wilderness with a bunch of other juvenile delinquents on an “Inward Trek.” As if that weren’t bad enough, his counselors have turned into flesh-eating maniacs overnight and are now chowing down on his fellow miscreants. As in any classic monster flick worth its salted popcorn, plentiful carnage sends survivors rabbiting into the woods while the mindless horde of “infects” shambles, moans, and drools behind. Of course, these kids have seen zombie movies. They generate “Zombie Rules” almost as quickly as cheeky remarks, but attitude alone can’t keep the biters back. Serving up a cast of irreverent, slightly twisted characters, an unexpected villain, and an ending you won’t see coming, here is a savvy tale that that’s a delight to read — whether you’re a rabid zombie fan or freshly bitten — and an incisive commentary on the evil that lurks within each of us.
- Scorch by Gina Damico (Croak #2)
Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby is a teenage grim reaper with the bizarre ability to Damn souls. That makes her pretty scary, even to fellow Grims. But after inadvertently transferring her ability to Zara, a murderous outlaw, Lex is a pariah in Croak, the little town she calls home. To escape the townspeople’s wrath, she and her friends embark on a wild road trip to DeMyse. Though this sparkling desert oasis is full of luxuries and amusements, it feels like a prison to Lex. Her best chance at escape would be to stop Zara once and for all—but how can she do that from DeMyse, where the Grims seem mysteriously oblivious to Zara’s killing spree?
- Blood Riders by Michael Spradlin
The Western Territories, 1880. For four years, Civil War veteran and former U.S. Cavalry Captain Jonas P. Hollister has been rotting in a prison cell at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. His crime: lying about the loss of eleven soldiers under his command . . . who he claims were slaughtered by a band of nonhuman, blood-drinking demons.
But now a famous visitor, the detective Allan Pinkerton, has arrived with an order for Hollister’s release. The brutal murder of a group of Colorado miners in a fashion frighteningly similar to the deaths of Hollister’s men has leant new credence to his wild tale. And suddenly Jonas Hollister finds himself on a quest both dangerous and dark—joining forces with Pinkerton, the gunsmith Oliver Winchester, an ex-fellow prisoner, a woman of mystery, and a foreigner named Abraham Van Helsing, who knows many things about the monsters of the night—and riding hell for leather toward an epic confrontation . . . with the undead.
Got Scorch & Alchemystic! No bookstore needed though…Kindle pre-ordered :)