I’m a bit late with this one, but did you check out all the fabulous titles that hit the shelves yesterday? There’s a ton of great authors who had new releases, so if you haven’t seen them…stop reading and go to the bookstore now! *grin* Wait, did I miss any? If so, let us know!
- Foxfire by Karen Kincy (Other #2)
- The Hydrogen Sonata by Iain Banks
- The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges (Katerina Trilogy #2)
- Guardian by Heather Burch (Halflings #2)
- What the Spell? Part 1 by Brittany Geragotelis
- Into the Woods by Kim Harrison (Hollows)
- The Bridge by Jane Higgins
- Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay
- Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
- Unforsaken by Sophie Littlefield
- Absolution by Susannah Sandlin (Penton Legacy #2)
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Kiss of Death by Debbie Viguié
- Stonemouth by Iain Banks
- Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
- Shoggoths in Bloom by Elizabeth Bear
- Earth to Hell by Kylie Chan (Journey to Wudang #1)
- Red Eye by James Lovegrove (Redlaw #2)
- Ghost of Memories by Barb Hendee
- Rebel Heart by Moira Young
- Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey (Witch Eyes #2)
After destroying the demon Lucien, Braden—son of Belle Dam’s most powerful warlock, Jason Thorpe—doesn’t need the power of his witch eyes to see that everything in his life is turning against him: friends, family, and even his visions. When disturbing nightmares of Lucien’s return haunt him, Braden discovers that the simmering feud between Belle Dam’s two witch dynasties is fast approaching its explosive boiling point.
While struggling to come to terms with his attraction to Trey, Catherine Lansing’s son who should be his mortal enemy, Braden senses a diabolical plan has been set in motion. Young women are disappearing from town, and as he investigates, Braden is forced to explore the dangerous unknown power within himself. But when the truth about his family is revealed, Braden must pay a terrible price.
- Velveteen by Daniel Marks
Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that’s not the problem.
The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it’s not a fiery inferno, it’s certainly no heaven. It’s gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn’t leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what’s really on her mind.
Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she’s figured out just how to do it. She’ll haunt him for the rest of his days.
It’ll be brutal… and awesome.
But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen’s obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she’s willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.
Velveteen can’t help herself when it comes to breaking rules… or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.
- Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there.
What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect that something powerful and ancient will awaken in her and that strange whispers will urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, suddenly there’s a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring, Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.
Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly epic coming-of-age.