Rachel Caine has posted an online exclusive short story on her newly redesigned website. Dark Rides takes place in her Morganville Vampires world and seems to be from Eve’s POV.
Gollancz has an exclusive short story by Stephen Deas titled, The Thief’s Blade, now available.
Penguin is offering Anne Rice’s The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty as an ebook for $2.99 today only. This is the first novel in her Sleep Beauty trilogy which happens to be quite erotic.
Shiloh Walker has posted a few excerpts of her new Grimm Circle novel, Blind Destiny, due out next week. You can read them here, here and here. Walker has also posted a snippet from her 2013 release, Wrecked.
- Amanda Arista, author of Nine Lives of an Urban Panther – Book Chick City
- Amanda Davis, author of Specter Spectacular: 13 Ghostly Tales – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Calie Voorhis, author of Specter Spectacular: 13 Ghostly Tales – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Caridad Pineiro, author of Her Vampire Lover – United by Books
- Carolyn Crane, author of Head Rush – Ramblings of a Chaotic Mind
- CE Murphy, author of Baba Yaga’s Daughter and Other Stories of the Old Races – Bitten by Books
- Christine Wenrick, author of The Charmed – Parajunkee’s View
- Claire Ashgrove, author of Immortal Surrender – Book Savvy Babe
- Darynda Jones, author of Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet – Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Diana Pharaoh Francis, author of Shadow City – SF Signal
- Erica Hayes, author of Revelation – All Things Urban Fantasy, Book Chick City
- Gini Koch, author of Three Card Monte – SF Signal, Readaholics Anonymous
- Helen Lowe, author of The Gathering of the Lost – SF Signal
- Ilsa Bick, author of Shadows – Parajunkee’s View
- Jamie Quaid, author of Boyfriend from Hell – Romance Something Wicked
- Jay Wilburn, author of Specter Spectacular: 13 Ghostly Tales – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jennifer Ashley, author of Hard Mated – Book Pushers
- Jocelynn Drake, author of Angel’s Ink – RT Book Reviews, Bitten by Books
- Kaitlin Bevis, author of Persephone – Romance Book Junkies
- Kerry Schafer, author of Between – Life on the Fringe
- Kim Harrison, author of A Perfect Blood – Preternatura
- Laura Resnick, author of Polterheist – SF Signal
- Maurice Broaddus, author of The Knights of Breton Court – SF Signal
- Melissa Darnell, author of Covet – Happy Ever After, Mundie Moms, Two Chicks on Books
- Olivia Cunning, author of Double Time – Book Savvy Babe
- Stacey Kennedy, author of Beg for It – Romance Book Junkies
- Steve Bein, author of Daughter of the Sword – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Zoe Archer, author of Skies of Steel – Galaxy Express
In this thrilling conclusion to the Guardian series, New York Times bestselling author Meljean Brook delivers another stunning page-turner, in which the fate of humanity depends upon a tortured warrior winning the trust—and heart—of the woman he wounded…
After a terrifying encounter in Hell destroys her trust in Michael, the Guardian’s powerful leader, former detective Andromeda Taylor is ready to call it quits as one of the angelic warriors and resume her human life again. But when demonic forces threaten her closest friends and she uncovers a terrifying plot devised by Lucifer, Taylor is thrown straight into Michael’s path again…
To defeat Lucifer, Michael needs every Guardian by his side—and he needs Taylor more than any other. The detective is the key to keeping his own demonic side at bay, and Michael will do anything to protect her and keep her close. And when Taylor manifests a deadly power, her Gift might tip the scales in the endless war between Heaven and Hell…or it might destroy them both with a single touch.
Hope, Love and Happy Endings has a fun battle going on right now. She’s taking different quotes from books and pitting them against each other. The first oneis up and it includes quotes from Blackwatch by Jenna Burtenshaw against Darker Still by Leanna Renee Heiber.
If you’re a Kim Harrison fan and want to get your very own precious Ever After signed, the tour Ts are now ready to order and they give a hint as to where she’ll be for next years Ever After Tour. I’ve either completely forgotten about the tour details or I haven’t seen them post yet (at the moment, I can’t remember); but Harrison will be visiting the following cities: Ann Arbor, Mi; Austin, Tx; Cincinnati, Oh; Dallas, Tx; Denver, Co; Houston, Tx; Phoenix, Az; Rayleigh, SC; San Diego, Ca; and Seattle, Wa. I’m assuming that’s the order, but can I just say that whoever did that so should’ve put all the Texas visits next to each other, right?
Thank you Humble Bundle and Ilona Andrews! I’ve known about the Humble Bundle for awhile now (Jesse gets their video game bundles whenever they go up), but I wasn’t aware that they were doing an ebook version until Ilona Andrews posted about it. I love the whole Humble Bundle thing because it lets you decide how much you want to spend on the bundle as a whole AND you can decide to give portion (or all) of you purchase to one (or all) of three charities; one of which happens to be Child’s Play, my favorite charity. And this time they’re offering a bunch of ebooks by Cory Doctorow, John Scalzi, Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean, Paolo Bacigalupi, Lauren Beukes, Mercedes Lackey and Kelly Link. Talk about some fantasy and science fiction greats. I do believe it’s my turn to get a humble bundle. *grin*
Guess what Marvel is doing? According to Blastr, they are launching Marvel Now!, a massive new relaunch from Marvel Comics featuring new titles, new creative teams and lots of new potential. Basically, it sounds like Marvel saw that DC got something good out of their New 52 and are trying something similar. For those diehard Marvel fans, they are not doing a complete story re-write, but it’s being classified as more “the next chapter” with new costumes, new storylines and new character directions. Supposedly it won’t mess with the continuity, but we won’t find out until
The Supernatural Underground is giving away 23 books from their various authors – ends Oct 31st.
Rachel Vincent is giving away a novel from her backlist – ends Oct 15th.