I am excited to welcome author Erin McCarthy, who is here celebrating the release of her new adult novel, True, with her top 5 favorite quotes and lines.
When Rory Macintosh’s roommates find out that their studious and shy friend has never been with a guy, they decide that, as an act of kindness they’ll help her lose her virginity by hiring confident, tattooed bad boy Tyler Mann to do the job…unbeknownst to Rory.
Tyler knows he’s not good enough for Rory. She’s smart, doctor smart, while he’s barely scraping by at his EMT program, hoping to pull his younger brothers out of the hell their druggy mother has left them in. But he can’t resist taking up her roommates on an opportunity to get to know her better. There’s something about her honesty that keeps him coming back when he knows he shouldn’t…
Torn between common sense and desire, the two find themselves caught up in a passionate relationship. But when Tyler’s broken family threatens to destroy his future, and hers, Rory will need to decide whether to cut her ties to his risky world or follow her heart, no matter what the cost…
Make sure you stick around to the end. We’ll be giving away an ecopy of True.
Top 5 Favorite Quotes and Lines from True
1. “The expression isn’t ‘I talk, therefore I am.’”
2. Ironic, wasn’t it, that the physical heart was so hard to reach, yet my emotional heart seemed to have been found with very little effort on Tyler’s part.
3. “You had me the minute I first saw you and I heard you telling the guy next to you that you were pre-med and that the Human Centipede movie is physically impossible.”
4. I went over to him by the garbage cans and I put my hands on his cheeks, drawing his face towards mine, going up on my tiptoes so I could see into his eyes with more clarity. “Actually, I’ve never been more impressed with you than I am right now.”
5. “In the world of Stellas and Stanleys and Blanches, I was destined to be Harold, the guy who is never in on the joke and wants everyone to like him, and never has a freaking clue what is really going on.”
Meet Erin McCarthy!
Erin McCarthy is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 40 novels and novellas in the paranormal, contemporary romance, and young adult genres. The author is a RITA award finalist and an American Library Association winner of the Reluctant Young Reader award. She lives with her family in Ohio.
Want to purchase Erin’s novels?
Seven Deadly Sins
Thank you Erin for taking the time to stop by Literary Escapism!
Erin is giving away an ecopy of True. To enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: Which book has your favorite line? What’s the line? Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered.
Even though I’m not giving the additional entries any more, you can still help support the author by sharing their article, and this contest, on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere you can. After all, the more people who are aware of this fabulous author ensures we get more fabulous stories.
The winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
The contest will stay open until May 15th at which time I’ll determine the winner with help from this snazzy plug-in that I have.