Kim Harrison has posted the first chapter for her upcoming Hollows novel, The Undead Pool, which releases Feb 28th. In more Hollows news, Harrison has a serial, Trouble on Reserve, going on Wattpad right now. Chapters are posted every Tuesday until the release of The Undead Pool, and the second part was just uploaded.
Lauren Dane has posted an excerpt for her upcoming story, All That Remains, which is apart of the Marked anthology releasing in February.
Karen Mahoney has posted a snippet from her Ironbridge story, The Silver Fey.
eBook Deals: (Disclaimer, the prices mentioned are at the time of posting. Prices may change at any time.)
- Merrie Destefano’s first Resurrection Chronicles novel, Afterlife, is currently $.99.
- Tracy O’Hara’s first Dark Brethen novel, Night’s Cold Kiss, the first novel, is $.99.
- Mark Pelegrimas’s first Skinners novel, Blood Blade, is $.99
- Yasmine Galenorn’s first Sisters of the Moon novel, Witchling, is $.99
- Katie Reus’s first Moon Shifter novel, Alpha’s Instinct, is $1.99
- Michael Underwood’s first Ree Reyes novel, Geekomancy, is $1.99
- ES Moore’s first Kat Redding novel, To Walk the Night, is $1.99
Jocelyn Drake’s Dead Man’s Deal, the second Asylum Tales novel, is available for $1.99 through mid-February. Speaking of Drake, did you know she also writes historical romance under the name Joy Douglass? I know I didn’t so I’m now checking out two of her stories – Stolen Kisses at Midnight and What a Lady Treasures – which are available for $2.99.
Jennifer Estep’s Bigtime series is currently $.99 as an ebook bundle. If you haven’t had a chance to read this series yet, now would be the time to check out this fun quirky superhero series. The bundle includes all four stories – Karma Girl, Hot Mama, Jinx, Nightingale – and the novella A Karma Girl Christmas.
There’s also an ebook deal going for Kelly Meding’s Tempest and Chimera, MetaWars #3 & 4. They are currently $1.99 and will only be this way for a limited time. Although if you’re interested in getting all four novels in the MetaWars series, they are bundled together for $8.89, which would probably be the better deal since Trance and Changeling are both $7 each.
- Abigail Gibbs, author of Autumn Rose – Tynga’s Reviews
- Alex Hughes, author of Clean – Jennifer Estep’s blog
- Anne Charnock, author of A Calculated Life – SF Signal
- Cornelia Grey, author of Devil at the Crossroads – Bitten by Books
- Jaye Wells, author of Dirty Magic – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jordan Jacobs, author of Samantha Sutton and the Winter of the Warrior Queen – Candace’s Book Blog
- Kameron Hurley, author of Afterbirth – The Book Smugglers
- Kerry Schafer, author of Wakeworld – Parajunkee
- Linda Poitevin, author of Sins of the Lost – Book Savvy Marketer
- Linda Robertson, author of Shattered Circle – Bitten by Books
- Lucy Christopher, author of The Killing Woods – Pure Imagination
- Maria Snyder, author of Taste of Darkness – Paranormal Romance
- Maril Davis, producer of Outlander – Outlander TV News
- Matt Roberts, writer/producer of Outlander – Outlander TV News
- Michele Hauf, author of The Vampire Hunter – Paranormal Romance
- Myke Cole, author of Breach Zone – Wicked Little Pixie
- Peter Clines, author of Ex-Purgatory – Suvudu, Suvudu SF/F,
- Ron Moore, producer of Outlander – Outlander TV News
- Samantha Young, author of Before Jamaica Lane – Wicked Little Pixie
- Shiloh Walker, author of Beautiful Scars – Harlie’s Books
- Yasmine Galenorn, author of Crimson Veil – Life on the Fringe (Part One)
There are always fabulous covers popping up and I simply can’t post them all, so here’s a select few that have caught my eye. To see even more, head over to facebook, where I’ve added a few more that are interesting and eye-catching to the January album for your viewing pleasure. For the ones that did not catch my interest, but may catch yours, check out these fabulous cover reveals by some equally fantastic bloggers: Wicked Scribes, All Things Urban Fantasy (Jan 15th, Jan 22nd), Amy K, Addicted to Heroines, and Tez Says.
The theatrical release for Vampire Academy has been pushed up a week and will now open February 7th.
Robin Hobb, author of , will be participating in a Reddit Books “AMA” (”Ask Me Anything”) today at 8p EST/5pm PST. If you’re not able to make it, don’t worry, you can always go back and read it later.
In a world of shadows, anything is possible. Except escaping your fate.
Ever since she was a child, Ivy has been gripped by visions of strange realms just beyond her own. But when her sister goes missing, Ivy discovers the truth is far worse—her hallucinations are real, and her sister is trapped in a parallel realm. The one person who believes her is the dangerously attractive guy who’s bound by an ancient legacy to betray her.
Adrian might have turned his back on those who raised him, but that doesn’t mean he can change his fate…no matter how strong a pull he feels toward Ivy. Together they search for the powerful relic that can save her sister, but Adrian knows what Ivy doesn’t: that every step brings Ivy closer to the truth about her own destiny, and a war that could doom the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side, Adrian on the other, and nothing but ashes in between…
During the recent Television Critics Association gathering, the cast of Outlander spoke with Access Hollywood about all sorts of things. If you missed any of the video footage, Outlander TV News has managed to compile all the various shorts.
This past weekend I attended Confusion in Detroit and OMG if you have the chance to go next year, do so. Shiloh Walker, who was there as JC Daniels, sums it up pretty well. It’s a very laid back, more fantasy based, convention that is so freaking cheap compared to quite a few other cons. They don’t include meals, but they have a ConSuite which has free snacks and drinks. Plus, it’s so much more intimate/personal. I mean, I never thought I would be standing next to John Scalzi without being in a line to get a signature, and this happened on a couple different occasions. In my head, he’s one of those authors who just seems inaccessible (i.e. JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K Hamilton – they’re fan friendly, but try finding them in the wild and good luck), so that was kind of a trip. I also met, and was introduced to, quite a few authors I hadn’t read before and I will definitely be reading some of their novels before I head back next year.
Chloe Neill will be doing two book signings to promote her 9th Chicagoland Vampires release, Wild Things. If you’re in Omaha, NE (Barnes & Noble – Oakview) or Little Rock, AR (Barnes & Noble), she’ll be in your area February 4th and February 8th respectively. To go along with this excitement, Neill also announced that Penguin has purchased 3 more CV novels, bringing the total to 13 books featuring Merit & Ethan.
Rabid Reviews is looking for an associate reviewer, so if you’ve always wanted to try reviewing, go talk to Carmel. *grin*
The Book Nympho is looking to swap/trade books with other readers who have suddenly found no room on their bookshelves.