Oh yeah, after this years polar vortex (and 6 school snow days within 3 weeks), I am so heading to Daytona Beach, Florida in February for the Coastal Magic Convention. I know Summer is just starting, but February is 7 months away. Okay, Jennifer has officially scared me because that’s not that much time. Not if you really think about it.
You know what, I’m not going to think about that. What I am going to think about is all the fabulous authors that were just added to the Featured Author page. Since Coastal Magic maxes out its attendance at 225, we’re talking a lot of one-on-one opportunities with some very fabulous authors.
I can also say this, I’m a Featured Blogger for next year and I’ve seen the authors who haven’t been posted yet. Take my word for it, there is an author scheduled to be there that you will not want to miss. So make sure you keep an eye on the Featured Author page because Jennifer will be adding even more authors (including one I’m REALLY excited about) as more details are finalized.
I’m not the only Featured Blogger for 2015…make sure you share some love and check out all the other fabulous bloggers who’ll be helping with Coastal Magic. Since I am a Featured Blogger, be on the lookout for some fabulous Featured Author spotlights over the next few months, including a bunch of Hangouts OnAir (I LOVE doing interviews this way).
If you’re thinking about going to Coastal Magic, here’s a few details to remember:
- For the authors, if you would like to be considered a Featured Author, requests are being added to a wait list and if there are any cancellations, you could be in. HOWEVER, if you want to attend as a reader, you could still participate in the charity booksigning. There’s a limited number of spots, so if you’re interested, email coastalmagicconvention @gmail.com to request one of those spots.
- If you’re a blogger who’ll be attending, once you register, email jennifer (coastalmagicconvention @gmail.com) and you’ll be able to participate in the Author/Blogger Speed Dating event during Coastal Magic.
- GENERAL REGISTRATION FOR ALL ATTENDEES BEGINS ON JULY 1ST!! Registration for 2015 will be $85 per person, and will include:
- Welcome bag filled with swag and goodies
- Access to all panels and meet & greets throughout the weekend
- One meal (either breakfast OR lunch) on Saturday with the participating Featured Author of your choice.
- Opportunity to participate in Supernatural LaserTag (requires additional ticket) with participating Featured Authors
- Access to evening events (Cinema Craptastique, Author/Reader Mingle, etc)
- Access to charity booksigning (free, open to public) on Saturday
- Coastal Magic will be held at the Hilton Hotel and the reservation site is already up. You can access it, and other info, HERE.
- One of the draws of Coastal Magic is that it’s a relatively small event, so authors and readers are able to really interact throughout the weekend. In order to KEEP this “up close and personal” atmosphere, general registration will be capped at 225. If you’d like to attend, mark your calendars and register as soon as you’re able!
I think that’s all I have to share about right now. As I get more details, I’ll definitely be sharing them; but if you want to keep up with all things Coastal Magic, make sure you follow it via your own personal social media drug of choice: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | RSVP at the Facebook Event.