And the winners are:
- Destiny Kills by Keri Arthur – SHELLIE NUNN who said: In Mistborn theres an amazing being his name is Sazed. I loved this character. His huge memory is stored in metal and I could go on but I am sure you have read it.
- Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells – TYNGA who said: My favorite Hybrids are the Dhampirs, They have Vampire strenghts without the weaknesses!
- Ecstasy by Jacquelyn Frank – INDIGO who said: Demons have no conscience of right and wrong. So they tend to be endlessly experimenting with sex and pleasure. Not to mention as a demon they have no limits on energy.
There’s no way I could post everyone’s responses, but here’s a random selection of what was giving. I tried to make sure each person was only listed once, but some of these were kind of popular. What do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? Who’s missing?
Who is your favorite magical being? Whether it is a witch or a warlock or magic wielding fiend; from screen, novels or even your head, let’s hear it?
- A wood sprite. They’re part of nature and the woods around them.
- I love Archeron – he is an Atlantean God by Sherrilyn Kenyon. All powerful and so sexy!
- I like witches/warlocks/wizards—basically any kind of spell-caster. My favorite kind are those who have innate magical ability, but actually have to study and practice it to make it work. Thanks!
- I love shifters, and always have. Lately my favorite shifter is dragon-shifters. I think it would be amazing to go from one extreme to the other…being small and human…and then within a split second being able to fly and be huge and powerful. Not to mention you could breathe fire! That would be too cool.
- I loved Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also like Rachel Morgan although I would like to strangle her sometimes..lol!!
Hybrids are relatively new to literature, what are some of you favorite cross-breeds and/or what would you like to see?
- My favorite Hybrid would be Riley Jensen and her brother Rhoan they can kick serious butt!!
- Christophe, the djamphir from Strange Angels.
- I always like the old fashioned minotaur or centaur…
- I love Cat Crawfield from Jeaniene Frost’s series. Half vamp, half human, the only one known to exist. And since this most recent book, things have changed drasticly in her hybrid status (but I won’t give away what, as much as I want to). And then there’s Wren in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series, who is half white tiger, half snow leopard in his animal form.
- I think that the oddest the better. And I think that children fruit of forbidden love would be great, like a demi-angel demi-demon!
Demons have been emerging as the new GQ monster; what is it about the demons that gains your interest? Why are they the new sex symbol for the monster community?
- Because every girl loves a bad boy! THat’s why..silly! I’m all over the demon trend…and can’t get enough of them. The way I look at it is..they can’t be all bad, no one is all bad..but the parts that are bad about them..are ooh soo good! lol.
- because vampires and werewolves are “so last year” and are too overexpose i think. you know when you’ve listened to your favorite song one too many times, it gets old. i think that’s why there’s a need for a new monster and what’s a better than a demon? they are very versatile and the term “demon” itself is very vague, so it can be anything, which gives an author lots of room to be creative when making his/her characters.
- Because we have always thought of them as evil and it’s new to delve into their characters and see that they aren’t always evil!
- I always saw demons as GQ models, unless they were written otherwise. I think it’s because you assume a powerful demon has the ability to change their appearance, they might as well go for something that will make women swoon, and the lust starts rolling in. I know a sexy demon would make me want to do bad things. Maybe that’s their hook!
- I love the fact that demons can travel and exist in multiple dimensions, and just the Idea of summoning that amount of power and controlling it, or even when that power consumes the person trying to wield it appeals to me on a feral, animal like level.I think they are popular right now because there are very few established rules on demons (Like silver or iron to kill it), and demons can be anything the author wishes them to be.