Literary Escapism has the awesome opportunity of being one of the featured bloggers for the Coastal Magic Convention in Daytona Beach, Florida (February 2016). With this distinction, one of our responsibilities is to help showcase the various featured authors that will be appearing at the conventions as well as the convention itself.
I don’t know about you guys, but putting together an endless run of interviews can get dull after awhile. Especially when I’m not the only one doing convention spotlights. I wanted to do something a little different…and I do love mini fiction (case in point – Black Friday and School’s In)…so I started scheming.
I had this idea and I talked with quite of few of the authors who will be attending #CMCon16, and they were on board!
Over the last couple months, and over the next couple as well, LE will be showcasing the #CMCon16 featured authors with a new exclusive mini-fiction series titled At the Beach, which features the #CMCon16 authors as they take their characters to the beach for some fun in the sun. Whether it’s a fun relaxing trip, the start to some new adventure, or whatever, we’ve seen some pretty fun trips to the beach and I have a feeling there is more fun in the sun to come.
If you missed any of the trips to the #CMCon16 beach, here’s your chance to revisit them. Check out all these fabulous stories:
- A Dragonlings’ Day at the Beach by S.E. Smith
- At the Beach with Hannah Halloran by Mary Behre
- A Destructive Delta by Charlie Cochet
- Tricks, Treats and Sandy Feets by Lucienne Diver
- Beach Break by Tawdra Kandle
- When Worlds Collide by Jocelynn Drake
- At the Beach with Elen and Cormack by Jan DeLima
- Isn’t Anyone Coming to the Beach with Me? by Kathy Lyons / Jade Lee
- At the Beach with the Beckett Brothers Dana Marie Bell
- At the Beach Under a Harvest Moon by Lisa Kessler
- Beach Bodies by KC Burn
- At the Beach with Andromeda and Rayfe by Jeffe Kennedy
- At the Beach with Eddie and Lane from Such a Dance by Kate McMurray
- Waves by Nancy Northcott
- At the Beach with Daire Dunne by Rebecca Zanetti
- The Baba Yagas Go to the Beach by Deborah Blake
And because I love looking at the numbers, the longest story is A Dragonlings’ Day at the Beach by S.E. Smith at 1,845 words.
Don’t miss your chance to meet over 50 fabulous urban fantasy, paranormal, and romance authors at Coastal Magic next February! This super casual book-lover weekend happens on Daytona Beach, and gives everyone the chance to hang out with fellow readers and amazing storytellers.
REGISTRATION is now open! If you haven’t been to Coastal Magic yet, you’re missing out on a lot of fun. Be sure to keep up with all things Coastal Magic, by following it via your own personal social media drug of choice: Facebook |Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | RSVP at the Facebook Event.