I didn’t make it to the Reader Author Get Together last year, but I’m going to be this year and I’m bringing the RAGT Blogger Lounge with me!
I think the format from #RAGT15 Blogger Lounge worked really well, so that’s what I’m planning for this year; although I am thinking of bringing something from the RAGT14 Blogger Lounge. I’ve heard the new hotel has a pretty nice WIFI connection, and I’m already in talks with their IT department, so we might be able to do a FB Live or Hangouts OnAir event during the weekend. I would love to do that, so I’m going to see what I can do. No promises though.
I’m not changing too much from #RAGT15, but there is one slight change – the Lounge is in a boardroom this time! No suite for us. That means we’ll have a bit more space to work with. In fact, check out these pics Lori has sent me. I don’t know about you, but that definitely looks like we’ll have more room this time around.
Now let’s get to the good stuff…
- Reader Mixer (Friday at 10am) Come by the Blogger Lounge and meet reviewers/readers of all genres (both Adult, NA, & YA) in a relaxed, informal setting.
- The Author-Blogger Relationship (Friday at 11am) Calling all aspiring and debut authors! Learn the best way to approach a blogger when requesting a review or tour stop and why it’s so important to build relationships. Industry experts will reveal tactics for running a successful blog tour, hosting a giveaway, how to genuinely engage and build a reader fan base, and how keep those relationships strong.
- Social Media Interaction (Saturday at 10am) Getting Bloggers & Readers together to swap ideas and talk books. What do Readers want to see–what things do they like/dislike for features, what do they look for when they read reviews, etc? As well as how to maintain a well-run blog. WordPress vs Blogger. Understanding Stats. Maybe a “how to” of sorts for newer bloggers/authors/readers who have questions. Learn the best way to use social media, as well as how to grow your fanbase.
- Trends in Advertising (Saturday at 11am) Learn how to effectively use targeted Facebook, Bookbub, and Amazon ads to reach new readers.
Host: Danielle Barclay of Barclay Publicity
Meet & Greets:
The Blogger Lounge is offering, what I like to call, a “Boardroom Lite” option. Authors and Bloggers can reserve time in the Lounge (on their own or in groups of 2-3) for their own Meet & Greets. What they do with their time slot will be completely up to them, within the parameters and overall tone of the event.
The idea is for those Authors (& Bloggers) who are not sponsoring a boardroom to have a chance to host their own “Hey come meet me, let’s talk about books” type of atmosphere without having to worry about public interruptions. If you’re an author or blogger who has registered for #RAGT17 and would like to request a time slot to host your own gathering in the Blogger Lounge, email me at jackie @literaryescapism.com.
- Chat with Jill Shalvis & Helenkay Dimon (2:00 pm) Have a question you’ve been dying to ask Jill Shalvis or Helenkay Dimon? Here’s your chance! Come hang out with these two fabulous authors to talk about their books, what they’re writing, and more!
Hosts: Jill Shalvis & Helenkay Dimon
- NOVEL PETS: Cat Cupids & Diva Dogs (2:30pm) Join authors Marcia James and Sandy Loyd for a lively set of pet-themed games and raffles, with prizes ranging from wine and jewelry to books and stuffed animals!
Host: Marcia James & Sandy Loyd
- Chat with Constance Phillips (5:30 pm) Join Constance as she talks about her three June releases and fields questions. Claim some goodies while supplies last.
- Exclusive Chat with Wendi Zwaduk/Megan Slayer & Madison Sevier + Cover Reveals! (8:00 pm) Join Wendi Zwaduk/Megan Slayer and Madison Sevier for the cover reveals for the next books in the Rosie Peaks series! See the artwork for these RAGT exclusive stories and talk to the authors. You never know what will happen when paranormals are involved!
Hosts: Wendi Zwaduk/Megan Slayer and Madison Sevier
- Red Neck Tea Party with Jocie McKade (8:30 pm) Celebrate Jocie’s love of tea, and get a look at her Tassomancy Mystery Series. Fun, prizes and red neck tea cups!!!
Host: Jocie McKade
- One Night Ultimate Vampire & Werewolf (9:00 pm) In the course of only one night and the following morning, the players will determine who among them is a werewolf or a vampire…hopefully. We’ll be playing a micro version of Ultimate Werewolf and each round lasts about 10 minutes.
Host: Literary Escapism & #RustCity17 (Me!)
- Bluegrass Gift Basket Drawing (2:00 pm) Chat with Bluegrass and Contemporary Western author Jan Scarbrough with a drawing for a Bluegrass Gift Basket at the end of the session. Host: Jan Scarbrough
- On The Street (5:30 pm) Quick interviews with readers, bloggers, and authors to be edited into a special RAGT 2017 episode of the ROMANCE BETWEEN THE PAGES podcast. Stop by and tell Victoria why you love reading or writing romance.
Host: Victoria Danann
- Wine & Chocolate with Virginia Gray (8:30pm)
- Draw What?! (9:00 pm) Imagine if Pictionary and Cards Against Humanity had an orgy with Charades and Candy Land and you will have an idea of what awaits you in the fun, twisted world of Draw What?!! Teams will have to draw and act out some pretty ridiculous stuff. It’s offensive, it’s crude and it’s an amazing time to share with friends.
Host: Literary Escapism & #RustCity17 (Me!)
At any time you can come by the Blogger Lounge and find information about authors/reviewers/readers of certain genres (both Adult, NA, & YA) in a relaxed, informal setting. The Blogger Lounge will be the spot to find everyone’s favorite SWAG! That’s right, we’ll have swag sitting out all over the place, so come in and take it home. Authors and Bloggers – make sure you bring your swag to set out!
The Blogger Lounge will be hosting another picture scavenger hunt. These are always fun, and I don’t know about anyone else, but it also forces me to take more pictures than I normally would. *grin* The winner of the scavenger hunt will receive a gift basket full of books and other goodies – including a $25 gift card courtesy of Erin McCarthy and something special from Laura Hawks!