Wendy from Wendy’s Minding Spot gave Literary Escapism the The Honest Scrap Award. Thank you for thinking of me Wendy! Now I have to come up with 10 things about me and give this out to 10 different blogs. Why do I think this is going to be hard. :)
- Not really anything new, but I am a HUGE book addict. I didn’t realize how bad it was until the hubby mentioned I spent $500 on books in the last 3 months. Something tells me I should be really glad he hasn’t gone back further on our receipts.
- I get into weird moods when it comes to my books. There are times I want nothing but romance and if I read something else, that book will never win. Other times I’ll want nothing but action and anything with a lot of romance won’t end. It’s a vicious cycle when it comes to my review pile which has suffered from this predilection.
- I have a 2.5 year old son who is turning into just as much of a bookworm as I am. He wouldn’t let us leave Barnes & Noble the other day without buying him a book as well.
- I have this maddening urge to nest right now. I want to completely throw out everything in my house and do a complete redecorate. Ikea would love me right now if I had the money to do it though. :)
- My taste in books isn’t that eclectic. I like romance and the supernatural in my stories and I tend to stick with Urban Fantasy and Romance. I’ll throw in a couple of straight fantasy novels on occasion (I love me some elves too), but I really don’t read anything that could be considered “classic”. They just don’t interest me too much. I like escaping and the imaginative.
- My taste in music, however, could be considered eclectic. I’ll listen to pretty much anything but hard rap and screaming rock. My current stream of music consists of jazz, big band, musicals, classic rock, blues, folk, country, alternative, mainstream, classical, Latin and a few others I’m sure I’m missing. I really love the acoustic versions of songs though.
- I have an OCD for formating and organization. I’ll spend hours one one document making sure it looks right, regardless of what it is. I will spend the time organizing something to the smallest detail before moving on to something else. I’ll also spend hours looking at the site, trying to find better ways in organizing it and getting the most information out. I’m still working on this last one.
- I am very much a “follow the rules” type of gal. If I’m told there is a certain way to do something, I’ll do it that way. I may think of a different way to do something, but I’ll ask if that is okay before just implementing it. Regardless of how stupid the rule is, if its suppose to be done a certain way, that’s how I’ll do it – I came across this a lot while I was a paralegal.
- Since I started book blogging, I have fallen even more in love with reading and books and everything associated with that and I’ve been trying to think of ways that I can turn this into more of a job. I am a SAHM and I would really love to find a way to make this a viable job so I can continue doing LE and being a SAHM, even though my monkey is now in preschool three days a week, without worrying about the income thing.
- I’m currently reading The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay, which I’ve been staring at for two weeks now. I wanted to start it two weeks ago, but got into a romance/erotic kick and I couldn’t shake it. I was afraid that if I read it during this phase, I wouldn’t be able to give it the chance it deserves. Now that I’m out of it, I’ve started reading The Better Part of Darkness and am really enjoying it. I’m loving the fact that the main character male character is a siren.
These 10 blogs are in my reader and I probably visit at least once a day. I do have to say that I am equally envious on a couple of their designs and have been thinking of redoing mine again.