Man, where have I been? Seriously. Check out the cover Yasmine Galenorn has for her new Indigo Court series which starts out with Night Myst. I had no clue this was even coming and it’s going to be here June 29, 2010.
Kim Harrison has unveiled the official cover for the next Rachel Morgan/Hollows novel. It appears they made at least one change for Black Magic Sanction that wasn’t there before and that’s mainly hiding the face more.
Orbit has posted their Spring/Summer 2010 release list. If you go look, make sure you have your TBR handy because you’re going to be adding to it. Looks like there is going to be a lot of good stuff coming out next year.
Here’s some interesting news. SciFi Wire is reporting that a few scientists have discovered, what they believe to be, the lost city of Atlantis. Instead of being in the Mediterranean, however it’s located somewhere in the Caribbean and they are not telling anyone where it is. They say they want to confirm their findings first, which makes sense, but the fact that they will not reveal who they are is leading to a lot of speculation.
If you’ve been watching Twitter over the last couple of days, then you know why I’m posting this. If you need a refresher on the WTFckery that has occurred, Babbling About Books has a great article that can catch you up.
- Nancy Holzner, author of Deadtown, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Shiloh Walker, author of Hunter’s Need, at Borders True Romance
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, author of Burning Shadows, at Vampire Wire
- David Henley, author of The Quiet Darkness, at Suburban Vampire
- Kelly Gay, author of The Better Part of Darkness, by Susan Adrian
- Bree Despain, author of The Dark Divine, by Fantastic Book Review
- Susan Sizemore, author of Dark Stranger, by Bitten by Books
- Teresa D’Amario, author of Lone Wolf, at Bitten by Books
- Chloe Neill, author of Firespell, by The Story Siren
- Alexandra Harvey, author of Heart at Stake, at SciFiGuy
- Ilona Andrews, author of On the Edge and the Kate Daniels series, at The Book Smugglers
- Carrie Ryan, author of The Forrest of Hands and Teeth, at the Book Smugglers
- Chris McGrath, artist extraordinaire for a ton of book covers, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Diana Peterfreund, author of Rampant, at the Book Smugglers
- Nalini Singh, author of Blaze of Memory, by Tim Jones
Scifi Wire has posted their Top 11 Movies that changed Sci-Fi, as well as 9 that didn’t. We’re talking some classics here, so its worth a look.
For those who are not plugged into Twitter, Melissa Marr announced the title to the fifth Fae novel. We’ll be able to look forward to Darkest Mercy, which I’m told still follows the opposite attraction of the previous Aisling novels, but I don’t see it. Either way, we now have a title.
Check out the latest crop of new covers that have popped up over the last two days, all via SciFiGuy: Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey (July 2010); Teeth of Beasts by Marcus Pelegrimas (May 2010); Touching Darkness by Jaime Rush (May 2010); and Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (June 2010).
Bookalicious is giving away a Sony Pocket Reader. Contest ends January 31st.
Fantasy Dreamer’s Ramblings has an impressive list of contests going on right now. FDR is also giving away has two copies of Kelly Meding’s Three Days to Dead to give away. Contest ends December 20th.
Melissa Marr is giving away one last ARC of her upcoming Fae novel, Radiant Shadows. Contest ends.