I am a huge fan of Jeaniene Frost (if you haven’t guessed that already) and her forum is the only one I’m really active on. So imagine my shock, surprised and excited face when I found a copy of First Drop of Crimson, the first novel in her Night Huntress World, in my mailbox. I was giddy beyond belief. I mean, seriously, doesn’t this sound amazing?
The night is not safe for mortals. Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows—her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield—and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family’s past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness—and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who lusts for a taste of her.
He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human—even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the nightmare together . . .
Because once the first crimson drop falls, they will both be lost.
It’s Denise and Spade! For those who have read the Night Huntress novels, both of these characters have appeared there and now we get to read their story. I will tell you right now, First Drop of Crimson is fabulous. Not only can it be read as a stand alone, but we’re introduced to demons and the ending is completely not what I was expecting. I could go on, but I’ll save that for my review, which will go up closer to its release date of February 9th.
However, you’re probably wondering why I’m bringing this up, right? If you thought I was happy when First Drop of Crimson first showed up, you should have seen my face when the second copy showed up. That’s right, I have two ARCs of this gem sitting on my desk right now and I don’t need two of them. So I’m going to give one away.
In order to get your hands on the wonderful novel that is First Drop of Crimson, all you have to do is answer this question: How did you find the Night Huntress novels and Jeaniene Frost? Did someone introduce her to you? Did you randomly come across her in the store (much like I did)? If you haven’t read her yet, what is it about her novels that pique your interest? International entries are welcome, but shipping may be delayed a little! Meaning you might not get it before the release date.
As always, there’s more ways of getting your name in the hat:
- +1 for each place you post about today’s contest on your blog, social network, or anywhere you can. Digg it, stumble it, twit it, share it with the world. Wherever you share it, make sure you add a link to it along with your answer.
- +1 to any review you comment on, however, comments must be meaningful. Just give me the title of the review and I’ll be able to figure it out from there.
- +1 Join the Literary Escapism Facebook page and/or follow LE on Twitter
- +1 subscribe to Literary Escapism – either via a reader or email (see the RSS button at the bottom of the sidebar)
- +10 purchase a copy of Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave, At Grave’s End, Destined for an Early Grave or any print novel through LE’s Amazon store sometime during this contest and send a copy of the receipt VIA email for your purchase to: myjaxon AT gmail DOT com. Each purchase is worth ten entries, but it has to be through the LE Amazon Link. If you buy all 4 books, that’ll be 40 entries.
There is one thing I am adding to my contests now…the winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.