In November, when Kelly Meding’s Three Days to Dead was getting ready to release, Suvudu offered serialized versions of The Hoarder and Pride Before Fall, two short stories set in the same world. Now, Suvudu is offering those same two stories as free PDF downloads. Both of these stories can be read on their own, introducing you to Dreg City, or giving you the chance to head back before As Lie the Dead, which comes out this summer.
- Molly Harper, author of Nice Girls Don’t Live Forever, at Wicked Little Pixie
- Nancy Holzner, author of Deadtown, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Charlene Teglia, author of Claimed by the Wolf, at Sidhe Vicious Reviews
- Sharon Shinn, author of Archangel, at the Odd Shots
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Beneath the Skin, by Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Carrie Lofty, author of Scoundrel’s Kiss, by Medieval Bookworm
- Mari Mancusi, author of Bad Blood, by Ellz Readz
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Beneath the Skin, at VampChix
- Nancy Holzner, author of Deadtown, at Penguin USA
- Joss Ware, author of Beyond the Night, at Bitten by Books
- Helen Scott Taylor, author of The Phoenix Charm, at Bitten by Books
- Patch Cirpriano, from Becca Fitzgerald’s Hush, Hush, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Nancy Holzner, author of Deadtown, at SciFiGuy
- Zoe Archer, author of Half Past Dead, by Bitten by Books
Secret Dreamworld of a Bookholic has published the latest Bookworms Carnival, which happens to focus on series. Kathrin has a great collection of reviews of different series, so its definitely worth checking out.
Fifty-Two Stories has published the second story of the new year – Mother Catherine by Zora Neale Hurston.
Lurv a la Mode has a fabulous collection of upcoming YA novels and their splendid covers. I’m not a huge YA reader, but there were a few that caught my eye…definitely worth a look.
SciFiGuy has another amazing collection of interviews, contests and news in his Weekend Report. One thing Doug found that I had missed – Marta Acosta announced the title to the fourth Casa Dracula novel. We can look forward to Haunted Honeymoon at Casa Dracula.
Dirty Sexy Books has developed the 10 Commandments of Urban Fantasy. I have to agree with 9 of 10, but the the one I’m iffy on (#8 There shall be a Pet, or an Annoying Roommate, or a Sentient Car) is definitely subjective. Three series that pop up that do not have this feature are the Anita Blake, Kate Daniels and the Night Huntress novels. Am I wrong?
Angie Fox is giving away a copy of her novel, A Tale of Two Demon Slayers, which releases January 26th. Contest ends January 19th. In order to enter, you need to tell Angie what supernatural pet you would end up with by taking her quiz. Here is what I ended up with:
Your ideal pet is Nostra, the psychic cat!
Sure, cats are smart, but yours can see the future. Literally. Treat her to some cat nip, or perhaps a nice scratch behind the ears…and maybe she’ll let you know what else is in store.