Check out what Ann Aguirre is showing off. Now this is a beautiful cover for the fourth Sirantha Jax novel by Ann Aguirre.
I’m not sure if it will be changing or not, but I saw Anya Bast talking about Dark Enchantment on Facebook tonight. I haven’t seen any mention of a Dark Enchantment prior to this, so I’m going to stagger a guess and say this is the title for the third Dark Magic novel.
- Jill Myles, author of Gentlemen Prefer Succubi, by Rummaging Reads
- Larissa Ione, author of Ecstasy Unveiled, by Bitten by Books
- Rachel Vincent, author of My Soul to Save, by Teen Libris
- Denise Agnew, author of Major Pleasure, at Lauren Dane’s blog
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King, at Books at Midnight
- Jennifer Estep, author of Spider’s Bite, at Park-Avenue Princess
- Kristin Cashore, author of Fire, by The Enchanted Inkpot
- Jane Yellowrock, from Faith Hunter’s Blood Cross, by Bitten by Books
- Sarah Hoyt, author of Darkship Thieves, at Marjorie Liu’s blog
- Erica Ridley, author of Too Wicked to Kiss, by Babbling About Books
Angieville is featuring three new YA novels that all share the theme of the Fae. The three of them do look stunning together and they have been added to my TBR list.
Ilona Andrews has posted another snippet from the yet unnamed Kate Daniels #5. I haven’t even read Magic Bleeds yet and I’m already itching to get my hands on this one. I love Kate’s wit.
Kittling Books has posted another addition to their stunning feature, Scene of the Blog, and this week Nicola from Alpha Heroes is in the hot seat. First off, I’m jealous that she has two ovens. I would love two ovens! Yes, I like to bake/cook as well as read and my kitchen is not equipped for that. *grin* Seriously though, head over and check out Nicola’s space. Her space reminds me of how I spend my summers – anywhere except at my desk.
The first novel I read by Shiloh Walker was Through the Veil and I’ve been waiting for a sequel every since. The wait is going to be over soon. Shiloh unveiled the cover for the second novel, Veil of Shadows tonight and it is simply gorgeous….stunning…I love it. Now if only the release date was something other than “late 2010”.
All Things Urban Fantasy is taking part in a weekly meme called Throwdown Thursdays and this week Abigail is talking about an issue that has been making the rounds lately: How important is it to you that the covers match the characters within? For me personally, I’m not too picky about whether the model on the cover looks like the character. I always end up with my own version anyway, so I really don’t pay that much attention. As long as the cover is well done, that works for me. However, I do get the point everyone has been making – the model should at least represent the correct ethnicity of the character. I’m curious to see what people think.
Kindle Vixen is giving away an ecopy of Moira Rogers Crux. Contest ends February 8th.
All Things Urban Fantasy has a new Win on Wednesday post with over 70 different contests you can enter.
- Jennifer Estep’s Spider’s Bite. Contest ends TONIGHT.
- Terry Spears’s Legend of the White Wolf. Contest ends Feb 2nd.
- A copy of Nalini Singh’s Angels’ Blood or Must Love Hellhounds (winner’s choice). Contest ends Feb 4th.
Um… how about… Fall? I think it’s Fall 2010…. is that better???
Oh my stars look at those beautiful covers and so glad that posted the new one for Veil of Shadows and happy to hear from Shiloh late 2010 means Fall, waiting waiting waiting and so happy this one is coming out this year!!!!!!
Jackie you always have so much goodness to share and always look forward to these posts from you, thanks for putting all this information out there to us followers of your site!
jackie b central texas
Thanks for the linkage, Jackie! They are pretty, aren’t they?
I love the KILLBOX cover. She’s really lucked out, I think, with her Jax series covers. I can’t wait to read it.
“Stunning”? I’m… stunned! Thanks for the link, Jackie. I really enjoy doing Scene of the Blog.
i love kill box its super and excellent cover