It’s my birthday today and the day started out pretty good. The hubby took the monkey to school and the FedEx man showed up with a book, a book that was sent to me a few weeks ago. Even though I already have it, I still love it when books showed up – it means I get to give it away! So today, I’m sharing the birthday joy with all of you. Check out the book that I just got. You know you’ll want it, right?
In a dark and seedy underground of burned-out rock stars and angels-turned- vampires, a revolutionary neuroscientist and a fallen angel must put medicine against mythology in an attempt to erase their tortured pasts…but at what price?
Olivia, vampire and fallen angel of desire, is hopeless…and damned. Since the fall from Eden, she has hungered for love, but fed only on desire. Dominic O’Shaughnessy is a neuroscientist plagued by impossible visions. When his research and her despair collide at L’Otel Mathillide-a subterranean hell of beauty, demons, and dreams-rationalist and angel unite in a clash of desire and damnation that threatens to destroy them both.
In this fractures Hotel of the Damned, Olivia and Dominic discover the only force consistent in their opposing realities is the deep, erotic gravity between them. Bound to each other finally in a knot of interwoven freedoms, Dominic and Olivia-the vision-touched scientist and the earth-bound angel, reborn and undead-encounter the mystery of love and find it is both fall…and flight.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s interested in this. And Falling, Fly by Skyler White comes out March 2nd and you could get it now. Here’s the deal. The contest is going to be open for as many hours as I am old – that means you have 30 hours to get your name in the hat. You have until 6pm EST on Tuesday, Feb. 9th to leave me a comment telling me what one book would you love to get for your birthday and then I’ll draw the name tomorrow night. Since I was sent this book for review, I’m going to limit the contest to bloggers. Whoever ends up winning, must agree to read and post a review of And Falling, Fly prior to its March 2nd release date. That sounds fair, right?
As always, there’s more ways of getting your name in the hat:
- +1 for each place you post about today’s contest on your blog, social network, or anywhere you can. Digg it, stumble it, twit it, share it with the world. Wherever you share it, make sure you add a link to it along with your answer.
- +1 for any review you comment on, however, comments must be meaningful. Just give me the title of the review and I’ll be able to figure it out from there.
- +1 for being a follower of Literary Escapism on Facebook and/or Twitter
- +1 for being a subscriber to Literary Escapism (new subscribers welcome!)
- +10 for purchasing any print novel through LE’s Amazon store sometime during this contest and send a copy of the receipt VIA email for your purchase to: myjaxon AT gmail DOT com. Each purchase is worth ten entries, but it has to be through the LE Amazon Link.
Remember, the winner must post a review of And Falling, Fly someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out in as many places as you can.
Also, I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won. The sooner you contact me, the sooner the book will get sent out.