Check out the snazzy cover Laura Bickle has for the second novel, Sparks, in her Anya Kalinczyk novels, which is due out this September. Book Chick City also has the blurb and the cover for the first novel, Embers, and the two really look good next to each other.
Patricia Briggs has announced her tour schedule for Silver Borne and unfortunately, she won’t be back in Michigan. However, she is making stops in Seattle WA, Beaverton OR, Huntington Beach CA, San Diego CA, Houston TX and Minneapolis, MN. For more details, check out Fantasy Dreamer’s Ramblings post.
Chloe Neill will be stopping by Literary Escapism for a two week deal starting March 18th and she’s wondering what you would like to know. On March 18th and 25th, Chloe is going to be answering the top 10 questions submitted, so if there’s something you really want to know, then head over and submit a question. You may see it posted here later.
Interviews: (and these are only since March 1st!)
- Cal Leandros and Robin Goodfellow, from Rob Thurman’s Nightside series, by Cat & Muse (Jackie Kessler)
- Stacia Kane, author of Demon Possessed, by The Book Smugglers
- Marjorie Liu, author of A Wild Light, by FanOff
- Jesse Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Blake Charlton, author of Spellwright, by Suvudu
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, at Bitten by Books
- Brandon Sanderson, author of The Way of Kings, by Suvudu
- Shayla Black, author of Delicious, at Lauren Dane’s Blog
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, at Wicked Little Pixie
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, by Penumbra
- Naomi Clark, author of Silver Kiss, at Sidhevicious Reviews
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, by Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, by SciFiGuy
- Nathalie Gray, author of Full Steam Ahead, by Galaxy Express
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, at Lauren Dane’s Blog
- Rob Thurman, author of Deathwish, at Marjorie Liu’s Blog
- Naomi Clark, author of Silver Kiss, at Wicked Little Pixie
- Jess Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, at Book Chick City
- Lori Foster, author of Back in Black, at Nalini Singh’s Blog
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty’s House of Horrors, by Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy (podcast)
- Rachel Vincent, author of Shift, by Kindle Vixen
- Rachel Vincent, author of Shift, by Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, by Vampire Wire
- Sean Cummings, author of Shade Fright, by SciFiGuy
- Jess Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, at Bitten by Books
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, by Book Babe
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, by Reading with Tequila
- Jeaniene Frost, author of First Drop of Crimson, by Bite Club
- Shiloh Walker, author of Broken, at Stacy’s Place on Earth
- Skyler White, author of and Falling, Fly, by Suburban Vampire
- Maria Lima, author of Matters of the Blood, at Vampire Wire
- Rachel Vincent, author of Shift, by Bitten by Books
- Judi Fennell, author of Catch of a Lifetime, at Silk & Shadows
Check out what Reading with Tequila gave me…it’s the I love your blog award! Now I get to pass this on to seven of my favorite blogs – All Things Urban Fantasy, Babbling About Books, Book Chick City, Dark Faerie Tales, Kindle Vixen, Lurv a la Mode and Wicked Little Pixie.
Did anyone know that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has been optioned for a film and has casted Natalie Portman to star in it? I didn’t know this until io9 reported that Tim Burton is in talks to produce the new Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Seriously? This is new classic revisited trend hitting the films too? I’m not sure how I feel about this.
…or the power to die and live again in someone else’s borrowed body. After a murder plot meant to take her out leaves an entire race of shapeshifters nearly extinct, Evy is gnawed by guilt. So when one of the few survivors of the slaughter enlists her aid, she feels duty-bound to help—even though protecting a frail, pregnant shifter is the last thing Evy needs, especially with the world going to hell around her.
Amid weres, Halfies, gremlins, vamps—and increasingly outgunned humans—a war for supremacy is brewing. With shifters demanding justice, her superiors desperate to control her, and an assassin on her trail, Evy discovers a horrifying conspiracy. And she may be the only person in the world who can stop it—unless, of course, her own side gets her first.’
For fans of George RR Martin’s Game of Throne series, you’ll be happy to know that Suvudu has found that it will be coming to HBO sometime next year. Shooting is going to start in June and 10 episodes have been requested. For more news, check out The Hollywood Reporter article.
I’ve been pointed to a hot new blog and I think everyone should check it out. RhiReading is still fairly young, but she has a few features that might catch a few eyes. I like how she focuses her monthly reading around a certain theme and this month she’s focusing on Faery Favorites. So if you have a few moments, make sure you head over and check her out.
The Book Blogger Appreciation Week is currently looking for volunteers for this years festivities. Believe it or not, but there’s a lot of planning that goes into this event and Amy can definitely use all the help she can get.
I cannot be the only person who would want these. Wicked Little Pixie found the most perfect bookshelves for the Urban Fantasy enthusiast – Coffin Bookshelves. I want a good size book shelf system for my living room (I’m looking at Ikea at the moment), but if I could get these, I would so in a heartbeat. You need to check them out.
There’s been a some drama in my little corner of the blogosphere and I have to say…I don’t read, review and blog because anyone has told me to. I review because I enjoy sharing what I read. I share all my news because I know I’m not the only one who wants to know. However, telling me what to do with my reading is totally beyond unacceptable. While there are some authors who don’t get that, thankfully they are in the minority. I love it when I hear authors reaffirm that without readers, where would they be; because quite honestly, without readers, who would they be writing for?
Julie James, Joss Ware, Beth Kery and Shiloh Walker are going to be in Chicago next week and they would like everyone to know about it. So, if you happen to be near the Webster Place Barnes & Noble on March 13th between 3:00-5:00 pm, make sure you stop in and say hello.
Lauren Dane is giving away books by Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon, and Mark Henry. Contest ends soon.