Yup, I’m adding two new challenges to my list this year, but they work so beautifully with my own New Author Challenge, that I couldn’t resist. Dark Faerie Tales is hosting the first every Debut Urban Fantasy Challenge and the Debut Paranormal Romance Challenge. From what I can tell, both of these challenges have the same guidelines (I’m only including the main info):
- UF Challenge requires 15 novels
- PNR Challenge requires 10 novels
- The reading challenge is open to everyone.
- You don’t need a blog to participate.
- You can join at anytime to participate in this challenge.
- If you are going to participate in this challenge, please post about it on your blog and add a link back to this post.
- eBooks, Audio, and already read all count.
- The 2010 Debut Selection List will be continuously updated.
- Please sign-up using Mr. Linky – be sure to use the direct link to your post so that people will be able to find this challenge.
I want to say this challenge only includes novels that were published in 2010, so my just finishing Nicole Peeler’s Tempest Rising probably doesn’t count. But I have quite a few novels on my stack that probably do. For the UF Challenge, there are three novels I currently have sitting on my desk (or have already read) – Spider’s Bite by Jennifer Estep (fabulous btw), Hunted by the Others by Jess Haines and Mind Games by Carolyn Crane. Plus, I can’t wait until Grave Witch by Kalayna Price comes out. As for the PNR Challenge, that one might be a little more difficult. There’s one sitting on my desk right now – The Wish List by Gabi Stevens – that I need to see if that’s a debut or not. Either way, both of these challenges sound like fun and kind of easy when done with my New Author Challenge. So who else is going to join in on these challenges with me?