I can’t believe I almost missed this! Check out what Alpha Reader found on Amazon – it’s the cover for the graphic novel The Exile by Diana Gabaldon! I can’t wait for this to come out. Yes it’s a retelling of Outlander, but it’s told from Murtagh’s POV and it’ll be out in September.
It may not be a bookcover, but the Horror Yearbook has the covers for the upcoming edition of Details Magainze and they feature the hot men of True Blood. I’m definitely in the Eric camp, so that’s the one I focused on, but check out the Horror Yearbook for the covers featuring Stephen Moyer and Ryan Kwanten. Although, it is interesting to see that they didn’t do a cover for our sexy shapeshifter, Sam Trammell.
Rachel Vincent announced the title to the as yet unwritten fifth Soul Screamers novel. It’s a slight departure from the My Soul to trend that the series has had, but If I Die still goes with the theme. For those who missed the title for the fourth novel, it’s going to be My Soul to Steal and will be out January 2011.
- Maurice Broaddus, author of Dark Faith, by Innsmouth Press
- Ann Aguirre, author of Hell Fire, at Shiloh Walker’s blog
- Jessica Andersen, author of Demon Keepers, at Bitten by Books
- Maria Snyder, author of Inside Out, at Bitten by Books
- JM Griffin, author of Faery Cake Dead, by Naughty Editions
- Jacqueline Lepore, author of Descent into Dust, by Suburban Vampire
- Carolyn Crane, author of Mind Games, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Gini Koch, author of Touched by an Alien, by Galaxy Express
- Nancy Kilpatrick, author of Evolved, by Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Jill Myles, author of Gentlemen Prefer Succubi, by Michelle Rowen’s blog
- Crista McHugh, author of Heart of a Huntress, by Vivi Andrews
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty’s House of Horrors, by Living Read Girl
- Sonya Bateman, author of Master of None, by Vampire Wire
- Rachel Vincent, author of My Soul to Save, by Eve’s Fan Garden (scroll down and click on completed events)
- Lori Devoti, author of Amazon Ink, by the Book Smugglers
- Roger Ma, author of The Zombie Combat Manual, at Bitten by Books
- Douglas Clegg, author of Neverland, by Paperback Dolls
- Melissa Marr, author of Radiant Shadows, by YA Highway
- Ann Aguirre, author of Hell Fire, at Witchy Chicks
If you’re a new reader, and thus unaware, I’m a SAHM with LE being the only job outside of my family that I have (best job I’ve ever had by the way); so I was interested to see Penguin featuring Becoming a SAHM: Financial Worries and Tips for Overcoming Them by Chrissy Pate & Kristin McKee on their blog today. Although, honestly, if you’re a SAHM and haven’t done what the article has as bullet points, then you need to be. I guess that’s one of the things that caught my eye. The article focuses on things I’m already doing and now I’m interested to see if there are any other points it could have for me. Seriously, the one thing I would have to strong advocate with the article – join a mom’s group! Best thing I ever did.
Patricia’s Vampire Notes has a great article spotlighting various vampire and paranormal novels that are currently out. Include Marta Acosta’s free ebook – The Shadow Girl of Birch Grove, which is available through scribd.
When foster teen Jane Williams is invited to attend elite Birchwood Academy for Girls, she thinks the offer is too good to be true. It is.
Soon she starts receiving threatening messages from an unknown enemy. She’s also beginning to suspect that the pale elegant headmistress and her gorgeous sons are hiding secrets. And the longer she stays at Birchgrove, the more questions she has about the disappearance of another scholarship girl.
What’s Jane willing to sacrifice for this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Dark Faerie Tales has the cover for a new paranormal YA novel that actually has quite a different take on vampires. Well, Rebecca Maizel puts her main vampire for Infinite Days in a different situation than I’ve seen before, but I’m not sure what her vampires are like yet. The cover isn’t what I would expect for a UF/PNR novel, even a YA one, but the blurb has my interest. Infinite Days will be August 3, 2010.
Galaxy Express has a great list of science fiction romance that is being released this month.
I am officially a cradle robber and so is anyone else who likes Curran from Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniel series. A unkown fan (at least to me) of the series has developed a Wiki for the series and has a great timeline of events, including birthdays, for most, if not all, of the characters. According to the Wiki, Curran was born in 2009, which means I was 29 when he was born. *sigh* Why are all the hot guys either decades younger or older than me? *grin*
Dark Faerie Tales found the cover for CE Murphy’s upcoming Truth Seeker, which is due out August 31st and is the first book in her new The Worldwalker Duology. Dark Faerie Tales also has another round of fabulous novels that are in the works.
Angieville is spotlighting three new gorgeous covers for Firelight by Sophie Jordan (9/7), Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (7/6) and Wildthorn by Jane Eagland (9/6). Babbling About Books is also pimping out a bunch of great covers.
Congratulations to Tom Doherty, Terri Windling and the late Donald A. Wollheim who are the recipients of the 2010 Solstice Award, which is presented by Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. The Tor/Forge blog has as a great article on the Solstice Award and the three honorees.
Tor/Forge has a listing of books that are currently being offered as giveaways via GoodReads.
All Things Urban Fantasy has a list of over 100 contests going on around the blogosphere this week.
Reading with Tequila is having a HUGE follower contest with a ton of great books being giving away. Contest ends April 20th.
Deadline Dames is giving away four different books to two winners. Contest ends April 10th.
For What It’s Worth is giving away the first six novels to JR Ward’s Brotherhood of the Black Dagger. Contest ends April 11th.