Boy do I have an update for you. I had some wonderful news last week and I wanted to make sure I had all the facts before I mentioned it. But, before I get to that, let’s see how everything is going in…
We are a third of the way through the challenge and there have been a total of 8 reviews written so far.
For the Deadline Dames, the first review comes from BeckyL who opened up the first novel in Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge’s Icarus Project, Black and White. Next came SandyG who broke into one of my favorite series, The Devil Inside by Jenna Black.
For the Fangs, Fur & Fey crowd, the first review came from Tynga who came out and intrigued me with a review for Faery Rebels by RJ Anderson. Then came the Wayfaring Writer with Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer (Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #4) followed closely by Cari’s Book Blog with her review of Glass House by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires #1). The Wayfaring Writer popped in again with the fantastic Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Wicked #1), with Tynga not far behind with Alyxandra Harvey’s My Love Lies Bleeding (or Hearts at Stake in the US). To finish out this first round we have a review for Maggie Stiefvater’s Linger, the second novel in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Wayfaring Writer.
That puts the current score at: Deadline Dames (2) vs Fangs, Fur & Fey (6).
Let’s see if we can’t heat this up a little more. The wonderful ladies over at the Deadline Dames were thrilled at the idea of being a part of this Battle Royale, so they are adding to the prize pool. All of the participants will be entered to win one of the following books:
- Toni Andrews: A copy of Cry Mercy & something else to be announced
- Keri Arthur: A copy of Bound by Shadows
- Jenna Black: A copy of The Devil’s Playground
- Rinda Elliott: A copy of the Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
- Jackie Kessler: A copy of The Road to Hell, an ARC of Shades of Gray, and a Hunger button
- Karen Mahoney: A copy of The Eternal Kiss
- Devon Monk: The first three books in the Magic series
- Lilith Saintcrow: A copy of Flesh Circus
- Rachel Vincent: A copy of Shift
This is in addition to the prize I’m offering up for one book from any author who participates in the winning site. Plus, all winners will get a Deadline Dames button as well; except for the winner who gets my prize, who will get some surprise swag. Isn’t that fantastic? We’re talking 10 different winners who will win and there’s only been 8 reviews. That means everyone so far will get something from one author and two may end up with more. We’ll have to see what happens in the next two rounds, huh.
The contest details are the same as when the challenge was first announced:
- At the end of April, I’ll draw 10 winners from all the reviews posted. Winners will get to pick their prize, which will be on a first come first choose basis. I’ll announce the winners at 9pm EST on May 2nd.
- Each participant will have 10 chances to get their name in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries.
- Open to wherever the Book Depository delivers.
As always, there’s still time to join the challenge. Here are the details one more time:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from April 1st through the 30th. All reviews must have an April 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different authors from the either list below. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all of the listed authors, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel. Try something new. Not only is this an excuse to try a certain group of authors, but it’s also a great chance to help promote them.
So fantastic! I have to get reading. Didn’t get much done this weekend, but I do have all of my books lined up and waiting for me this week.
Great news =)
Wow, great news! I’ve only finished one book so far, really need to catch up!
VERY cool. I had a reading marathon with all the YA books, but I’m reading Lilith Saintcrow next. I also have Ill Wind by Rachel Caine I want to get to. I’ve read many of the Deadline Dames already so they are new authors to me:(
They don’t necessarily have to be new to you, just don’t reread. Yeah, it’s NA challenge, so new to you authors are good, but not mandatory for the mini challenges.
any books or the ones here?
Tamibates…what do you mean? Any author who is part of either the Deadline Dames or Fangs Fur & Fey are eligible for the battle. Here’s the original post, giving all the details, if you’re interested.
Excellent news about the mini challenge rules, Jackie. I, too, have read many of the Deadline Dames and have some follow ups in my TBR stack. I wasn’t going to do any of them, though, since they weren’t new to me. Thinking I may have to now that you’ve cleared that up!
For the mini challenges, they don’t have to be new to you authors, just new books. They can’t count towards the New Author Challenge, but the mini-challenges are suppose to be fun too. I encourage the new authors, because you never know when you’re going to find someone new to love, but we still need to support our faves, right.
Woo hoo. I just finished one book and started another today. I had a rough start to the month but hope to get all five I picked out finished.