I know I’m late, but there are 5 days left in the New Authors Mini Challenge Battle Royale! Let’s check the currant standings.
Eight more reviews have been added to the Deadline Dames team with reviews for:
- Devon Monk’s Magic to the Bone by Kay and Lexie
- Lilith Saintcrow’s Night Shift by Wayfaring Writer and Strange Angels by Kay
- Jocelynn Drake’s Nightwalker by Michele
- Toni Andrews’ Beg for Mercy by Becky LeJeune
- Keri Arthur’s Riley Jenson Series by Nicola O.
- Rachel Vincent’s Shift by Tynga
For the Fangs, Fur & Fey crowd, an impressive 16 reviews added:
- Jeaniene Frost’s Halfway to the Grave by SAHMbookreviewers and First Drop of Crimson by SandyG
- Jeri Smith-Ready’s Wicked Game by Throuthehaze Reads
- Diana Pharaoh Francis’ Bitter Night by SandyG
- Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver by SandyG and Linger by Cari’s Book Blog
- Rachel Caine’s Ill Wind by Becky LeJeune
- Lisa Mantchev’s Eyes Like Stars by Throuthehaze Reads
- Jill Myles’ Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Throuthehaze Reads and SandyG
- John Levitt’s Dog Days by Wonder Bunny
- Heather Brewer’s Eight Grade Bites by Cari’s Book Blog
- Holly Black’s The Poison Eaters and Other Short Stories by Cari’s Book Blog
- Tim Pratt’s Blood Engines by Lexie
- Kathryn Smith’s Be Mine Tonight by Wayfaring Writer
That puts the current score at: Deadline Dames (10) vs Fangs, Fur & Fey (21).
It looks like the Fangs, Fur & Fey crowd have a really good shot at taking the Battle, but there are still 5 days left to get your reviews in for the Deadline Dames. Remember, during my last update, it was announced that the lovely ladies at the Deadline Dames threw in some great prizes and it’s not very hard to get your name in the drawing – simply read a novel, write a review and post a link here (reviews have to have an April 2010 date). Right now, we have 31 participants who are fighting for 10 different prizes – those are good odds if you ask me.
There is one slight change to the contest details. Originally, I said I would announce the winners on May 2nd, that has changed. Winners will be announced at 9pm EST on May 4th. I’ll be at the RT Convention that weekend and will be driving back when the winners are suppose to be announced, which will make it a little hard for me to draw winners. *grin* For all the contest details, check my last update.
As always, there’s still time to join the challenge. Here are the details one more time:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from April 1st through the 30th. All reviews must have an April 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different authors from the either list below. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all of the listed authors, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel. Try something new. Not only is this an excuse to try a certain group of authors, but it’s also a great chance to help promote them.
Future NAMC News, I’ve already started drafting the mini-challenge for June and this one will be non-genre specific. If anyone is good at making up buttons and would like to take a shot at making one for the June Mini-Challenge, email me at myjaxon AT gmail.