I’m still working on the newsletter, but since I had to wade through the May posts to get to anything I missed in April, I have some things I can give you now. The newsletter will be up later tonight. I just need to go through the various author websites and get the master interview list compiled (which will be posted via facebook). I hope you guys can forgive me for not posting it sooner than this. I haven’t missed a newsletter since I started LE and I really am not going to start now, so there will be one.
Katie MacAlister has posted the UK cover for the first Light Dragons novel, Love in the Time of Dragons, which will be out in the UK in November.
- Jeri Smith-Ready, author of Shade, at Deadline Dames
- Larissa Ione, author of Ecstasy Unveiled, by the Book Faery
- Heather Webber, author of Truly Madly, by Rex Robot Reviews
- Christopher Moore, author of Bite Me, by Dark Lord Bunnykin’s Blog
- Leanna Renee Hieber, author of Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker, by the Book Faery
- Cesar Torres, author of The 12 Burning Wheels, by Suvudu
- Mira Grant, author of Feed, by Bitten by Books
- Devon Monk, author of Magic on the Storm, at Bitten by Books
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, at Bitten by Books
- Jesse Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, at Vampire Wire
- Seanan McGuire, author of Rue and Rosemary, at the Book Pushers
- Erin Quinn, author of Haunting Warrior, at Nalini Singh’s blog
- Suzanne McLeod, author of The Sweet Scent of Blood, at the Deadline Dames
- Marta Acosta, author of the Casa Dracula series, by Kristina Meister
- Jaye Wells, author of The Mage in Black, by Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Gabi Stevens, author of The Wish List, at Dark Faerie Tales
- Mira Grant, author of Feed, at the Book Smugglers
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, by SciFiGuy
- Jess Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Vicki Lewis Thompson, author of Chick with a Charm, by Ellz Readz
- Jaime Rush, author of Touching Darkness, at SciFiGuy
- Jeri Smith-Ready, author of Shade, by Amberkatze Book Blog
- Charles Paz, Mr. Romance 2009, by Wicked Little Pixie
If you haven’t heard already, Legend of the Seeker hasn’t been renewed for a third season and there are a lot of people who are unhappy with that decision. There are fans that are so unhappy that SciFi Wire is reporting that a ton of them has raised over $10,000 and will be using it for an ad campaign to find it a new home. Talk about dedication to a series.
Some fabulous free reads have popped up. Check these out:
- Marjorie Liu has posted an excerpt for her upcoming novel, A Wild Light.
- Ilona Andrews has posted an excerpt for Kate Daniels #5.
- Lauren Dane has posted an excerpt for her upcoming novel, Insatiable, the third Federation/first Phantom Corps novel.
- Keri Arthur has posted an excerpt for the last Riley Jenson novel, Moon Sworn.
This is just too hilarious not to mention. Ilona Andrews has received an interesting review for Magic Bleeds and it inspires an interesting Twitter conversation between Kate, Curran and Jim. Seriously, go read it…it’s a riot!
Lauren Dane has posted the blurb for Revelation, the next de la Vega Cats novel:
At long last, Kendra Kellogg has found her sister—but she’s no closer to filling the gaps in her past. The magick that brought them together makes them targets for dark mages intent on finishing what started with their mother’s murder.
As if her life wasn’t chaotic enough, in barrels the one thing she doesn’t expect, Max de La Vega. He’s six-and-a-half-feet of cocoa-brown alpha male. He’s strong, intelligent, sexy and intense. Everything she’d wanted in a man. And he scares the hell out of her. Still healing from a disastrous past relationship, she wonders if she’ll ever have that kind of forever.
The next in line to run his jaguar jamboree, Max is unused to hearing “no”. Once he knows what he wants, he assumes he’ll get it. And he wants Kendra. She deserves happiness and it’s his mission to give it to her.
When dark mages attempt to steal her magickal energy, Max’s cat agrees with the man—Kendra is his to protect and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe. She can push him away as hard as she likes, he’s not going anywhere
Mom’s Mutterings is giving away a copy of Grace Coopersmith’s (aka Marta Acosta) Nancy’s Theory of Style. Contest ends May 28th.
Vampire Wire is:
- giving away a copy of Leanna Renee Heiber’s The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker or The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker (winner’s choice). Contest ends May 10.
- giving away a copy of Ransom Stephens’ The God Patent. Contest ends May 15th.
- giving away a copy of Jess Haines’ Hunted by the Others. Contest ends May 16th.
- giving away two copies of Linda Howard’s Blood Born. Contest ends May 19th.
Rachel Vincent is giving away three signed copies of My Soul to Keep. Contest ends May 24th.
Chloe Neill is giving away two arcs of the third Chicagoland Vampires novel, Twice Bitten. Contest ends May 15th.
Ellz Readz has discovered a bunch of contests as well as All Things Urban Fantasy has posted her latest contest collections.
Angieville is giving away an ARC of Maggie Stiefvater’s Linger. Contest ends May 12th.