Melissa Marr received permission to show us this beauty. It’s the cover for the fourth Fae novel, Radiant Shadows.
Kmont is showing the cover love with her list of upcoming fantasy novels, which includes the new cover for Jaqueline Carey’s Naamah’s Curse. There are some pretty spectacular covers over there and some interesting stories.
Random House has posted the first chapter to Diana Rowland’s Blood of the Demon, which will be released February, 23, 2010.
- Kelly Meding, author of Three Days to Dead, by Number One Novels
- Cynthia Eden, author of Eternal Hunter, by Manic Reader
- Melissa de la Cruz, author of The Van Alen Legacy, by Bitten by Books
- Jennifer Rardin, author of the Jaz Parks series, by Amberkatze Reviews
- Carole Nelson Douglas, author of Vampire Sunrise, at Bitten by Books
- Claire Delacroix (aka Deborah Cooke), author of the Dragonfire series, by SciFi Guy
The Telegraph has posted their Top 100 Books that Define A Decade. They are talking about this decade (does it end Dec 09 or Dec 10?) and a few F/SF novels made the list. Most importantly, Twilight did not top the list. In fact, it came in at #32. Guess who made the #1 spot – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! SciFi Wire has a cheat sheet on which F/SF novels made list.
Fifty-Two Stories has posted their latest addition, which is Near Grenoble by Félix Fénéon.
To celebrate the release of her debut novel, Kelly Meding is posting two new short story via Suvudu, one day at a time. The first story, The Hoarder, takes place 4 years prior to Three Days to Dead and the first four parts are up now – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. The second story, Pride Before Fall, features a hunter that is in Three Days to Dead (Tybalt) and will begin on Nov 25th.
Ilona Andrews has posted two more snippets (Part 1 and Part 2) from her online novella (or what appears to be an online novella) Alpha Menz. If you’re not caught up on this novella, you can find the previous posted chunks here.
LK Hamilton announced that the Anita Blake movie for IFC TV has been canceled. Take LKH’s announcement as you will, but I get the feeling that she was scared to see her characters brought to life on the screen. It was almost like she didn’t want to give up any kind of control over them and wasn’t really happy with what Hollywood had planned. I’m not saying that’s wrong or anything, but I’m left with the feeling that we’ll never see an Anita movie or show because of this.
Check out the cover for Annette McCleave’s second Soul Gatherers novel, Bound by Darkness, which releases May 4, 2010. SciFiGuy has the blurb.
Dark Faerie Tales has the cover for Lucy Snyder’s Shotgun Sorceress, which is the sequel to the December 29th release of Spellbent. Dark Faerie Tales has the blurb.
Dark Faerie Tales has publishing news on six different authors that might catch your eye. One of them being JR Ward’s next three Brotherhood of the Black Dagger novels. Or at least the announcement of them.
All About Romance is giving away a copy of Joss Ware’s upcoming novel, Beyond the Night. There’s also a sneak peek for those interested. Contest ends Nov 26th.
Jocelynn Drake is giving away her entire backlist to one lucky reader. Contest ends Nov 28th.
The Story Siren is giving away five copies of both Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness and Spellbinder and Night World: The Ultimate Fan Guide. Contest ends Dec 1st.
Fantasy & Sci Fi Lovin’ Book Reviews is giving away a DVD copy of Dr. Who: The Next Doctor, Torchwood: Children of Earth and a Union Jack Christmas ornament. Contest ends Dec 8th. Plus there is news for a huge BBC America giveaway.
The Idiosyncrasy of Harlequin:
For those who missed the hoopla last week, there’s still some discussion going on about Harlequin’s new enterprise of Harlequin Horizons.
- Jackie Kessler – Post 1, Post 2 and Post 3
- Babbling About Books – Want to Get Published? The Harlequin Horizons Solution
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books – Post Mortem
- Kaitiana via Fangs, Fur & Fey – Harlequin Ho–I mean, Horizons…
- Shiloh Walker – My take on self-pub/Harlequin Horizons/vanity presses, etc
For those who missed out on all the drama, here is my round-up of articles from last week as well as the major articles on the subject.
- Harlequin Horizons – Harlequin and Author Solutions Announce Publishing Partnership
- Ereads – Mystery Writers of America Steps into Harlequin Fray with Threat of Sanctions
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America – SFWA Statement on Harlequin’s self-publishing imprint
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America – Harlequin Horizons: Another Major Publisher Adds A Self-Publishing Division
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books – Harlequin Horizons: Want to Self Publish? How about Harlequin?
- Dear Author – Malle Vallik, Harlequin’s Digital Director, Answers Questions on Harlequin Horizons
If you’ve been over to SciFiGuy‘s, then you have probably seen this. However, it’s just that great that I have to repost it. :)