Literary Escapism has had the awesome opportunity of being one of the featured bloggers for the Coastal Magic Convention in Daytona Beach, Florida. With this distinction, one of our responsibilities is to help showcase the various featured authors that will be appearing at the conventions as well as the convention itself.
I don’t know about you guys, but putting together an endless run of interviews can get dull after awhile. Especially when I’m not the only one doing convention spotlights. I wanted to do something a little different…and I do love mini fiction (case in point – Black Friday and School’s In)…so I started scheming.
I had this idea and I talked with quite of few of the authors, and they were on board!
That idea became a new exclusive mini-fiction event here on LE called At the Beach, which features the #CMCon authors as they take their characters to the beach for some fun in the sun. Whether it’s a fun relaxing trip, the start to some new adventure, or whatever, we’ve seen some pretty fun trips to the beach and I have a feeling there is more fun in the sun to come.
Every year I get fabulous stories from all the participating authors and if you’ve missed any, here they are, all in one place. *grin*
The longest story to date is Ghost on the Beach by Stephen Osborne (2017) at 2,446 words; I wonder who’ll break the record next.
Longest Story: A Dragonlings’ Day at the Beach by S.E. Smith (1,845)
Word Count Range: 435 – 1,845
Averaged Word Count: 969
- A Dragonlings’ Day at the Beach by S.E. Smith
- At the Beach with Hannah Halloran by Mary Behre
- A Destructive Delta by Charlie Cochet
- Tricks, Treats and Sandy Feets by Lucienne Diver
- Beach Break by Tawdra Kandle
- When Worlds Collide by Jocelynn Drake
- At the Beach with Elen and Cormack by Jan DeLima
- Isn’t Anyone Coming to the Beach with Me? by Kathy Lyons / Jade Lee
- At the Beach with the Beckett Brothers Dana Marie Bell
- At the Beach Under a Harvest Moon by Lisa Kessler
- Beach Bodies by KC Burn
- At the Beach with Andromeda and Rayfe by Jeffe Kennedy
- At the Beach with Eddie and Lane from Such a Dance by Kate McMurray
- Waves by Nancy Northcott
- At the Beach with Daire Dunne by Rebecca Zanetti
- The Baba Yagas Go to the Beach by Deborah Blake
Longest Story: Ghost on the Beach by Stephen Osborne (2,446)
Word Count Range: 508 – 2,446
Averaged Word Count: 1221
- At the Beach with Meghan and Sam by Tawdra Kandle
- Therians Gone Wild by Charlie Cochet
- Ghost on the Beach by Stephen Osborne
- A Day at the Beach with Brice and Cassie by Kristal Hollis
- 10 Reasons You Won’t Find Lee Schulz at the Beach by Kait Ballenger
- Finding the Right Beach Shot—Cougar Style by Terry Spear
- On the Beach: One Wild Ride by Deborah Blake
- Tara and Cambria Go to the Beach by Heather Hildenbrand
- At the #CMCon17 Beach with Jeff and Elaine St. Claire by Dee Davis
- Goin’ Fishin by BA Tortuga
- Realm Walker at the Beach by Kathleen Collins
- Padre for a Week by Julia Talbot
- Beached Muse by RL Naquin
- Nikki & Damien At the Beach by J. Kenner
- Beach Life by KC Burn
- How Julie Got Out Of Doing The Dishes For The Rest Of Her Life by Kathy Lyons
#CMCon18 – Coming Soon!
Word Count Range:
Averaged Word Count: