When Jackie asked us to come up with recommendations, I admit, I kind of panicked. You see, when someone asks me for a book recommendation, I usually spend at least 10 minutes chatting (unless I know you and already know what you read/like) with that person to get an idea of what they like and don’t like. That way, I can give them stuff that they, hopefully, will enjoy. So, writing this post is a bit intimidating but I’ll give it my best shot. If you caught my Sunday Surprise! post, then you saw at least 3 of what I would recommend. So, taking those out, I’m giving you 5 in PNR, UF, paranormal YA, contemp/erotic romance. Many of these will be series, simply because I could never pick between books in a series, especially since many of these series build from book to book and aren’t good as standalones. These also are not ranked in any order, just as they came to mind *wink*
- The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong (13 books, starting with Bitten)
- Elder Races series by Thea Harrison (6+, starting with Dragon Bound)
- Bound by Magick series by Lauren Dane (2+, starting with Heart of Darkness)
- Immortals after Dark series by Kresley Cole (12+, starting with A Hunger Like No Other)
- Demonica series by Larissa Ione (6+, starting with Pleasure Unbound)
- Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews (6+ starting with Magic Bites)
- Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones (4+, starting with First Grave on the Right)
- Abby Sinclair trilogy by Allison Pang (3, starting with A Brush of Darkness)
- Dark Days series by Jocelynn Drake (6, starting with Nightwalker)
- Shifters series by Rachel Vincent (6, starting with Stray)
- Chase Brothers series by Lauren Dane (4, starting with Giving Chase)
- KGI series by Maya Banks (5+, starting with The Darkest Hour)
- Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz (3+ starting with The Siren)
- Kowalski Family series by Shannon Stacey (5+ starting with Exclusively Yours)
- Brown Siblings series by Lauren Dane (4+, starting with Laid Bare)
- Raised by Wolves series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (3+ starting with Raised by Wolves)
- Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins (3, starting with Hex Hall)
- Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent (6+ starting with My Soul to Take)
- The Dark Elite series by Chloe Neill (3+ starting with Firespell)
- Faeriewalkers series by Jenna Black (3, starting with Glimmerglass)
These are just a sampling of each sub-genre. I hope you’ve found something new and interesting. Enjoy!
And for those who missed it, here are the three titles from Sunday’s teaser: Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost (7+, starting with Halfway to the Grave), Ash by Shiloh Walker (3 starting with If You Hear Her) and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (6 starting with Vampire Academy).
Lots of recommendations here! I’ve read Bitten, but all the others are new to me.
Great list! Isn’t the Otherworld series considered Urban Fantasy?
Stephanie–I think it could go either way, just like Night Huntress series. With the Otherworld, POVs change every so often in the books, but there is usually an overarching plot line that will run through several books. But the relationship focus will change depending on who is the narrator. And then NH is always Cat’s POV with each book having 1 main focus that gets resolved and an undercurrent of a larger plot line, but yet is labeled PNR. :) So, IMHO both these could go into either category.