I’ve been doing this challenge for the past couple of years and have had a lot of fun. However, this year, I’m going to try and be a little more consistent with doing monthly updates and what not. I don’t know about everyone else, but when I first started book blogging, I didn’t know that many authors in my favored genre, so I went looking. I gave myself a goal of finding 50 new authors and ended up reading 56 the first year I did this. I loved finding these new worlds and cultures, so I want to help others find new ones as well. Since 2007, I’ve tried over 100 different authors I may not have tried otherwise and I have found some great new authors.
The idea behind this is to find new authors that you’ve never tried before. They can be in your genre of choice or be brave and try something new. You never know what you’re going to like until you try it. If you’re looking for some suggestions, you can check out the Author page here at Literary Escapism or the 2009 Challenge page. With over 1000 reviews posted, I’m sure there will be something there for everyone.
Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. For me, I’m trying another 50 new authors. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome
Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?