eHarlequin is offering the free story, Zombie Midnight, by Lori Devoti. I’m including the blurb below since it’s a 20 chapter story. If only I could put it on my Kindle.
Having seen her brother’s life ruined by addiction, teacher Lexi Thompson refuses to sit idly by as her students get seduced into the drug scene. She’s even willing to follow one teen in the hopes of finding—and exposing—his dealer. What she doesn’t know is that the “zombie” the kids are whispering about is not merely an illicit substance.… Her quest is about to lead her into a terrifying world she never could have imagined!
Bryce Menard is a member of the covert Fringe—a group of vampires dedicated to policing their own kind, to the exclusion of all else. Nothing will stop him from completing his latest mission—not even a beautiful human who gets between him and the undead teen he hopes will lead him right to his maker!
- Renee Wildes, author of Lycan Tides, by Michelle’s Book Blog
- Nancy Kilpatrick, editor of Evolve, by SF Signal
- Monica Burns, author of Assassin’s Honor, by Bitten by Books
- Molly Harper, author of Nice Girls Have Fangs, by Elemental Musings
- Alayna Williams, author of Dark Oracle, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Joey W. Hill, author of Vampire Mistress, by Over the Edge Book Reviews
- Grace Coopersmith, author of Nancy’s Theory of Style, by ChickLit Plus
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty Goes to War, at Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Tricia Rayburn, author of Siren, by Jessica’s Vision
- Jacqueline Carey, author of Naamah’s Kiss, by Suvudu
- Jocelynn Drake, author of Pray for Dawn, by Book Lovers Inc
- Chloe Neill, author of Twice Bitten, at I Read to Relax!
- Jackie Kessler, author of Shades of Gray, at the Book Smugglers
- Michele Hauf, author of Angel Slayer, by Bitten by Books
- Jocelyn Drake, author of Pray for Dawn, at Deadline Dames
- Chloe Neill, author of Twice Bitten, at Wicked Little Pixie
- Jennifer Estep, author of Web of Lies, at Smokin’ Hot Books
- Alayna Williams, author of Dark Oracle, at Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Chloe Neill, author of Twice Bitten, at Drey’s Library
- Jackie Kessler, author of Shades of Gray, by Amberkatze’s Reviews
- Bernita Harris, author of Dark and Disorderly, at Amberkatze’s Reviews
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King, at The Bookish Type
- Patti Henderson, author of Ximora, at Cafe Pearl
- Paranormal Summer Fest:
- Alyxandra Harvey, author of Blood Feud, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Michelle Rowen, author of Reign Check, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Tera Lynn Childs, author of Forgive My Fins, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jeri Smith-Ready, author of Bring on the Night, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jeanne Holmes, author of Blood Law, by Tynga’s Reviews
- Lili St. Crow, author of Jealousy, by Tynga’s Reviews
- Kasey Mackenzie, author of Red Hot Fury, at Tynga’s Reviews
- Nicole Peeler, author of Tracking the Tempest, by Tynga’s Reviews
SciFi Wire has come across some great shots of Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet.
Ilona Andrews has posted another snippet from the upcoming Kate 5.
Jackie U has another fabulous Off the Fang over at Bitten by Books. This weeks topic is about authors in the wild.
Angieville has come across a great clip of Dan Dos Santos talking about book covers. He even discussing what went into making the cover for Moon Called, the first Mercedes Thompson novel by Patricia Briggs. Angie also found the trailer for the upcoming flick The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Babbling About Books is showcasing some great covers, including the cover for Sarwat Chadda’s Dark Goddess, which comes out January 25, 2011. Speaking of Katiebabs, she has done another wonderful roundup of all the WTFckery that can be found on the web.
Eileen Wilks has posted a small snippet from the January World of the Lupi release, Ghost.
BSC found a great Eclipse clip featuring both the Cullens and the Wolves – working together!