It’s time to start the next New Author Mini Challege and we’re reading a variety of authors that I happened to have ran into during my two days at the RT Booklovers Convention this past April. I was only there for two days, but I managed to snag the signature of 40 different authors and they are your choice of novels for August. Have you signed up for it yet? Do you have your books ready? Let’s see those details again:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from August 1st through the 31st. All reviews must have an August 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different novels from any author that appears on the board. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all of the listed authors, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel.
There are somewhere around 40 different author signatures on this board and they are not all from the same genre. Well, they are all similar, but there should be someone for everyone on this board. Here are the names listed on the board again:
|Angie Fox||Elizabeth Vaughn||Jessica Andersen||Melissa Marr|
|Ann Aguirre/Ava Gray||Elysa Hendricks||Jim Butcher||Michelle Rowen|
|Anya Bast||Erin Kellison||Jocelynn Drake||Nicole Peeler|
|Bianca D’Arc||Jackie Kessler||Joss Ware/Colleen Gleason||Rachael Herron|
|Carolyn Crane||Jaye Wells||Juliet Blackwell||Rachel Vincent|
|Carrie Lofty||Jeaniene Frost||Kasey Mackenzie||Shannon Butcher|
|Charlaine Harris||Jenna Black||Kat Richardson||Shiloh Walker|
|Dakota Cassidy||Jennifer Estep||Keri Arthur||Stacia Kane|
|Devon Monk||Jeri Smith-Ready||Lauren Dane||Vicki Pettersson|
|Diana Rowland||Jessa Slade||Leanna Renee Heiber||Zoe Archer|
For August, I’m not going to offer up a book as the prize, instead, one participant will get to take home this board. That’s your prize this month. Unless you go to one of the cons, how else will you have the chance to display 40 author signatures in one snazzy place? Hopefully this is a sweet prize, because I think it is. Here are the contest details:
- At the end of August, I’ll draw one winner from all the reviews posted. The winner will be announced the weekend of September 3rd, so you’ll have until then to get your review into Mr. Linky (remember though, all reviews must have an August date)
- Each participant will have 10 chances to get their name in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries.
When adding your link to Mr Linky, please use the following format: your name (title of the book – author). Whether you want to put your name or your blog name is up to you. I’ll be closing Mr. Linky at 9pm EST on September 3rd, so make sure all your links are added by then.
Now…who has everyone tried?