I totally forgot to mention this. How could I?! If you’re a book blogger or want to be a book blogger, I highly recommend registering for the Book Bloggers & Author Online Conference. It’s a great event put together by Terry Kate of Romance in the Backseat. I participated in the inaugural event earlier this year and learned a lot, so it’s definitely something for everyone to check out. Here’s the schedule:
- The Art of the Review from 6:30pm to 7:30pm – What makes a review? Hear from reviewers and authors what they look for and what might make our reviews better.
- Be a Better Guest Blogger from 7:30pm to 8:30pm – Tips and Tricks for guest blogging – a how to and time saving approach to guest blogging.
- What I Wish I had Known Before I Started… from 8:30pm to 9:30pm – Planning, before you sell the book, after, and onward.
- Should Authors Have Blogs from 9:30pm to 10:30pm – An open discussion of the ups and downs for authors maintaining their own blogs and bloggers looking for authors.
- Book Trailer Debate from 11:30am to 12:15pm – Are book trailers a good investment? Once I have one what do I do with it? Panelists Kendra, of designs by Kendra Martha of Reviews by Martha’s Bookshelf and eTreasures Publishing
- Finding the Right Blog for You from 1pm to 2pm – There are a lot of blogs out there. How do you know what blog is a good match for you and what you write? What have others found to be methods to search out effective blogs?
- Live Events: 4 Authors and Bloggers from 2:30pm to 3:30pm – The world outside the Internet. We need to reach out as authors and bloggers – so lets talk about how to go about it. Book signings, conferences, libraries, book stores and more.
- Bloggers and Online Colaboration from 4pm to 5pm – Blog hops, memes, networking, and reaching out to fellow bloggers.
- What Makes a Great Interview from 5:00 – 6:00pm EST – Authors Weigh in on what they like to be asked and bloggers what makes the returned answers stand out.
- Blog Tours: Pros and Cons
- Time Management with Janet Bailey of Mindful Time Management from 7:30pm to 8pm – About Janet For years, I’ve been studying what the experts — both popular and academic — have to say about time management and self-management.
- How Can Bloggers and Authors do it Better? from 9pm to 10:30pm – Wrapping up the ideas covered during the conference and discussing the future of Blogger author relations.
To register and for more information, check out the website here.