As I’ve previously mentioned, The Book Bloggers Appreciation Week 2010 (BBAW) has officially started and each day there is a new topic to discuss. Today’s discussion revolves around all those fabulous blogs that we have discovered since the last BBAW. I’m with a lot of people, I can’t simply focus on one single blog. Over the last year, I’ve come across a few fabulous sites that are totally worth mentioning, so I’m not going to focus on one. Nope, I don’t know how many I’ll focus on, but here are the new additions to my Google Reader:
- Book Chick City: I honestly can’t remember how I stumbled upon this fabulous site, but it is definitely fabulous. Between all the great features – Where Stories Are Made, The Blogger’s Bookshelf and Books We Love (where you’ll see me later this month) – and the fact I continuously find new books to add to the neverending TBR list…actually, that might be a reason not to stop by there. *grin* Screw it, I’ll never turn down a good book and there’s always one to be found at BCC. (shameless plug – BBC is here on LE today talking about five series she needs to read)
- Al Things Urban Fantasy: What can I say about Abigail’s site? There is just sooo much eye candy that I could read it all day. There’s either another fantastic cover, a great author interview/article or a new book being reviewed and everything is there to engage the reader. Seriously, in the past year, Abigail has really done a fantastic job with ATUF and she totally has had me in blog envy on numerous occasions. I mean, did you see her Paranormal Summer Fest?
- Wicked Little Pixie: I just love Natasha’s humor. There hasn’t been a post yet that doesn’t get me smiling or laughing at something she has said. Well, maybe not all of them, but the vast majority are definitely entertaining to read. Mmm…have I just inserted my foot into my mouth? Yeah, okay, so maybe all of her posts are entertaining, but just in case there’s a serious one, I’m going with the vast majority. *grin* Seriously though…between seeing Synde’s new collection of jewelry, the fabulous WLP Want’s to Know posts and the reviews, it’s just a blast to stop by.
- Kindle Vixen: I found Tiffany’s site when I first bought my own Kindle because of her great knowledge on all things ereaders, but I keep going back because of all the fabulous articles that I find.
- Dark Faerie Tales: Angela is totally the person to go to for all the latest in publishing news and debut authors. Seriously, I have been introduced to so many new authors because of her that my TBR list needs a total overhaul because it hasn’t been able to keep up.
Mmm…looks like I’m going to focus on five blogs that were new to me since I need to go get the monkey from school. There are still a ton of new sites out there that are fabulous – the Paperback Dolls, Ellz Readz, The Book Pushers, Escape Between the Pages, Rex Robot Reviews – that I could easily continue going.
So which new blogs have you found during the past year?
Wow, what a lot of recommendations! Some of these are brand new to me so I’m off to explore (first your blog then theirs!)
Like you it was hard to just name one, but the one new to me this year that I really like is… surprise.. yours. You are my first treasure, so if you get alot of new folks dropping by, you’ll know why. :)
LMFAO thanks Jac, I try to be entertaining all the time but there’s only so much snark I can muster ;)
I just started reading blogs this year and I love all the ones you mentioned (yours is one of my favorites also), but I also want to mention The Book Smugglers – even though I’m only interested in about 1/4 of the books they review, their reviews are just so deep and insightful that I always enjoy reading them.
A couple of new ones to me — Off to explore.
Back at you Jackie. I love all those sites too.
Thanks Jackie! I know all the blogs you’ve listed and they’re all fantastic!
I’m totally new to the blogging world. So creating my own was new and fun. I totally love the girls from The Book Pushers, they were my inspiration!
Thank you so much for mentioning us:) I agree with Carolyn, each blog you mentioned are fabulous and offer something different to the mix!
Ohh Thank you so much for the mention Jackie! I love your site too and love the headsup/news and reviews you do- especially upcoming books! Its not healthy to my wallet! :D