The Galaxy Express has some fabulous news regarding science fiction romance.
- Allyson James, author of Firewalker – Bitten by Books
- Brenna Yovanoff, author of The Replacement – Not Really Southern Vamp Chick
- Caridad Piñeiro, author of Stronger than Sin – Bitten by Books
- Claudia Gray, author of Afterlife – Tynga’s Reviews
- Clay & Susan Griffith, author of The Greyfriar – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Devon Monk, author of Magic at the Gate – Bitten by Books
- Diana Gabaldon, author of The Exile – My Fantasy Art
- Elle Jasper, author of Afterlight – Paperback Dolls
- Gail Carriger, author of Blameless – Love Vampires
- Gena Showalter, author of Ecstasy in Darkness – Bitten by Books
- Jeaniene Frost, author of Eternal Kiss of Darkness – Bibliophilic Book Blog
- Jennifer Rardin, author of Bitten in Two – Rex Robot Reviews
- Joey W Hill, author of Vampire Trinity – JoJo’s Book Corner
- Marcella Burnard, author of Enemy Within – Babbling About Books
- Nalini Singh, author of Play of Passion – Bitten by Books
- Natasha, from Wicked Little Pixie – Seleste Delaney
- Rachel Vincent, author of Alpha – Naya’s Reading Corner, Portrait of a Woman
- Rosemary Clement-Moore, author of Highway to Hell – Chrissie’s Corner
- Skylar White, author of In Dreams Begi – Bitten by Books
- Rachel Caine, author of Ghost Town – Bitten by Books, the Book Butterfly, My Vamp Fiction
Babbling About Books is talking about the fabulous Rally to Restore Sanity that was held this past weekend. I know it doesn’t really involved books, but this was one event that my agoraphobic husband wished that we had still lived in DC so we could attend. So I have to share. Plus, Katiebabs recaps it fairly well.
JF Lewis celebrated Halloween with a serialized story called A Void City Halloween and the final segment was just posted on his website. The first five parts of the story were shared via Paranormal Haven, Pocket After Dark, The League of Reluctant Adults, Bitten by Books and Amberkatze’s Book Blog.
Larissa Ione is answering five frequently asked questions regarding her Demonica series.
Did you see the cover for the Home Improvement: Undead Edition anthology that is coming out next year?
So Wicked Little Pixie wants to know, What Makes a Bad Sex Scene? Honestly, I have never really thought that much about sex scenes. Have you?
Speaking of Wicked Little Pixie, Natasha came across the news that Scholastic has launched a new social media network.
Scholastic launched You Are What You Read (www.youarewhatyouread.com), a new social networking site for readers around the world. Users log on, list the five books that had the biggest impact on their lives, and connect with other readers through these shared “Bookprints.”
The site also contains the Bookprints of more than 130 “Names You Know” – notable people from entertainment, academia, business, media, publishing, and more – including Taylor Swift, Bill Gates, Scarlett Johansson, Tony Hawk, Venus Williams, Tommy Hilfiger, Jodi Picoult, Philippa Gregory, Rick Riordan, James Patterson, Jim Parsons, Ann M. Martin, Eva Mendes, Judy Blume, Sanjay Gupta, and two former Presidents.
All Things Urban Fantasy has opened the nomination process for the second annual Urban Fantasy Cover Awards. This year, ATUF has added a couple of new categories – Best Paranormal Steampunk and Best Object – to the returning 13 categories. If there’s a cover you want to make sure gets nominated, then go over and hit the form. One catch, in order to nominate, ATUF is asking that only Bloggers, Reviewers, Authors, Publishers, Publicists, Editors, and Artists participate in the first round. Actual voting will be open to everyone.
Tor/Forge is giving away 25 different Fantasy novels. Contest ends December 6th (US only).
Tor/Forge is giving away a limited edition leatherbound copy of Ender’s Game. Plus, we’ll include an Ender’s Game audiobook and an advance reading copy of The Lost Gate. Contest ends December 2nd (US only).
- 3 copies – Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) by Moira Rogers
- 2 copies – Seers of Light (Light, #1) by Jennifer DeLucy
- 2 copies – Blood Lust (Blood Series #3) by T. Lynne Tolles
- Fantasy: An Artist’s Realm by Ben Boos
- Mistwood by Leah Cypess
- Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3) by Zoe Archer
- 12 copies – The Longed Tales: The Chained King and The Castle of Mystery by Mohamed AR
- 50 copies – Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch
- 3 copies – Breaths in Winter (Volume 1) by Donna Burgess
November 11th: 2 copies – Bloodlust (Imprinted Souls Series, #2) by Daniele Lanzarotta (signed)
November 13th: Pegasus by Robin McKinley
November 14th: Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars, #1) by Kersten Hamilton
- 5 copies – Siren’s Call by Devyn Quinn
- 10 copies – Blood Trinity (Belador, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love
- 5 copies – Loose Rabbits of the Rabbit Trilogy by Ellen C. Maze
December 7th: 6 copies – Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) by Ellen Schreiber
December 9th: 6 copies – Vampire Crush by A. M. Robinson
December 16th: 20 copies – Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
December 25: Candy Wars: The Tooth Fairies vs The Candy King by R.G. Cordiner
December 31st: Life’s Blood (Pulse, #2) by Kailin Gow
February 28th: Death’s Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren, #2) by Tracey O’Hara