Child’s Play Giveaway
I love the UF community, especially the authors. They are an amazing bunch of people that give so much just to entertain us. Now it’s our turn to help entertain some kids. On November 25th, I’ll be launching a MEGA giveaway with over 70+ signed books to benefit the fabulous Child’s Play charity. It is an amazing organization and I totally want to help them reach their goal of $1.2 million. The details will be posted on Thanksgiving, so don’t forget to come back this weekend.
I would really love to thank all the authors & publishers who have donated books for this giveaway: Angie Fox, Anya Bast, Cynthia Eden, Dakota Cassidy, Bell Bridge Books, Eileen Wilks, Erica Hayes, Jackie Kessler, Jeaniene Frost, Jenna Black, Jeri Smith-Ready, Jess Haines, Jill Myles, Joey W Hill, Kalayna Price, Karen Mahoney, Kelly Gay, Kelly Meding, Keri Arthur, Larissa Ione, Leanna Renee Heiber, Meljean Brook, Michele Bardsley, Nancy Holzner, Pamela Palmer, Shiloh Walker, Sourcebooks and Tracey O’Hara.
Coming December 1st – New Author Mini-Challenge
It’s the last month of the year long New Author Challenge, so let’s go out with a bang. The goal for December will be to read up to 5 new UF novels that are MALE dominated. The novels have to either be written by or star a man as the main character.
Need a few recs? How about: Storm Front by Jim Butcher, The Devil You Know by Mike Carey, Unshapely Things by Mark del Franco, Something from the Nightside by Simon Green, Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis, Staked by J. F. Lewis and Mortal Coils by Eric Nylund – all of which begin fabulous new series.
Here are the pertinent details for the challenge:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from December 1st through the 31st. All reviews must have an December 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different novels from any author that appears on the board. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), so hopefully everyone will be able to find a new author.
To add a little incentive for this mini-challenge, each participant will have a chance to win a copy of Jim Butcher’s new novel, Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files. Here are the contest details:
- At the end of the year, I’ll draw one winner from all the reviews posted. The winner will be announced by January 8th, so you’ll have until January 3rd to get your review into Mr. Linky (remember though, all reviews must have a December date).
- Each participant will have 10 chances to get their name in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Staked by J. F. Lewis and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries.
If you are trying a new author, make sure you include them in your list for the main New Authors Challenge.
So who is up for another New Authors Mini Challenge?
Speaking of the challenge, I totally didn’t realize that Mr. Linky was down on the challenge page. It’s now back up, so if anyone needs to add a review, it’s all ready for you. We are 9 reviews away from breaking 1000 for the year – I’m hoping we can do it!