There were a bunch of great covers posted over the last couple of days. Check out the pretty cover for Chris Evan’s Ashes of the Black Forest, which comes out July 12, 2011, and Jennifer Armentrout’s Half Blood, which comes out September 15, 2011. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album.
The 15th Argeneau novel by Lynsay Sands, The Reluctant Vampire, which comes out May 31st, is now available for preorder at Amazon. Here are a few more new release dates: Lila DiPasqua’s A Midnight Dance, which releases August 2nd, 2011; Adrian Phoenix’s Black Heart Loa, which releases June 28th; and Erin McCarthy and Bianca D’Arc’s The Beast Within.
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Etched in Bone – Dark Faerie Tales (Dark Winter Tale #7)
- Alexandra Ivy, author of Devoured by Darkness – Bitten by Books
- Beth Bernobich, author of Passion Play – Dirty Sexy Books
- Carolyn Crane, author of Double Cross – Book Smugglers
- Christina Henry, author of Black Wings – Sara’s Urban Fantasy Blog
- Jackie Kessler, author of Hunger – Book Smugglers
- Jill Myles, author of My Fair Succubi – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Joy Preble, author of Haunted – Tynga’s Reviews (Dark Winter Tale #6)
- Kelley Armstrong, author of Spell Bound – American Consumer News
- Marjorie Liu, author of In the Dark of Dreams – BSCReviews, CBR and Newsarama
- Nancy Holzner, author of Hellforged – Tynga’s Reviews (Dark Winter Tale #8)
- Richelle Mead, author of Last Sacrifice – MTV News
- Terry Spear, author of Wolf Fever – Anna’s Book Blog
Nancy Holzner has posted the first chapter to her upcoming novel Hellforged, which will be released December 28th.
Did I miss the news that Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instrument series was being filmed? I knew it had been optioned, but I wasn’t aware that they were actually doing casting and what not. Well, for anyone where this isn’t new, MTV is reporting that Lily Collins, from The Blind Side, has been casted as Clary Fray.
Karen Marie Moning is selling a bunch of signed editions of her novels to benefit the Wolf Run Wildlife Refuge. Most of the novels are international versions, but strangely, she’s not shipping internationally. Also, Karen has unleashed her newly designed website.
All Things Urban Fantasy has another fabulous How I Blog and this time Abigail is focusing on the new trend of vlogs.
Tez Says has the low-down on a few new publishing deals including books by Kelley Armstrong and Jeaniene Frost.
Dear Author has revealed the table of contents of the November 2011 Berkley Heat anthology, Agony/Ecstasy.
Melissa announced a bunch of new release dates, some of which I’m really excited for since they deal with her Wicked Lovely world:
- This one excites me – We’re going to see what happens to Niall between Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity! Old Habits will be released as an ebook January 11, 2011 in the US & Canada only.
- Have you ever wondered about Rabbit? Cotton Candy Skies, released as part of a special edition Wicked Lovely ebook, will feature Rabbit and will occur after the events in Radiant Shadows.
- In October 2011, Marr and Armstrong are editing a new anthology – Enthralled: Paranormal Roadtrips – and Marr’s short story will be a post-Darkest Mercy story. No word on who it will be about or what the title even is, but we’ll be getting more Wicked Lovely stories, so that’s awesome news!
Also, Guns for the Dead will be Marr’s story in the upcoming anthology Naked City and is actually the first world story from the Graveminder novels.
In her newsletter, Marr revealed the cover blurb for her upcoming novel, Graveminder:
The New York Times bestselling author of the Wicked Lovely series delivers her first novel for adult audiences-a captivating story about the living, the dead, and a curse that binds them
Three sips to mind the dead . . .
Rebekkah Barrow never forgot the tender attention her grandmother, Maylene, bestowed upon the dead of Claysville, the town where Bek spent her adolescence. There wasn’t a funeral that Maylene didn’t attend, and at each Rebekkah watched as Maylene performed the same unusual ritual: three sips from a small silver flask followed by the words “Sleep well, and stay where I put you.”
Now Maylene is dead and Bek must go back to the place-and the man-she left a decade ago. But what she soon discovers is that Maylene was murdered and that there was good reason for her odd traditions. It turns out that in placid Claysville, the worlds of the living and the dead are dangerously connected. Beneath the town lies a shadowy, lawless land ruled by the enigmatic Charles, aka Mr. D-a place from which the dead will return if their graves are not properly minded. Only the Graveminder, a Barrow woman, and the current Undertaker, Byron, can set things to right once the dead begin to walk.
Tor/Forge is giving away two mysterious boxes, probably filled with books. Contest ends December 16th.
Suburban Vampire is giving away a signed copy of Marie Treanor’s Blood on Silk. Contest ends December 16th.
FrostFans is giving away an ARC of Jeaniene Frost’s This Side of the Grave. Contest ends December 13th.
GoodReads is giving away a copy of Cherie Priest’s Dreadnought. Contest ends December 19th.
Vampire Wire is giving away a complete set of Casa Dracula novels. Contest ends December 16th.
Lurv a la Mode is giving away two $20 gift certificates to the Book Depository. Contest ends December 12th (International only!)
Babbling About Books and Bitten by Books are each giving away five copies of Lila DiPasqua’s The Princess in His Bed and an autographed Cinderella Slipper Ornament. Contests end December 13th.
Lauren Dane is giving away a copy of her Brown Siblings novel, Inside Out. Contest ends tonight.
Kelley Armstrong is giving away a signed copy of her new novel, Becoming. Contest ends tonight.
Uh…HALF-BLOOD is actually by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Not Jennifer Armintrout. Two different people, slightly different spelling ;-)
Holy crap! I didn’t even notice the “e” Tez. Weird.