Nalini Singh has announced the title for the fourth Guild Hunters novel. Strangely though, the fourth novel, Archangel’s Blade, is Dimitri’s novel. Does this mean Raphael and Elena conclude their story with Archangel’s Consort? More shiny goodness – Archangel’s Consort is due out at the end of the month and we’ll get Archangel’s Blade in September of this year!
While looking through the current GoodReads contests, I came across one for Cthulherotica and huh? I’m not even going to attempt to describe it, but the cover is pretty cool.
The first title from independent publisher Dagan Books, Cthulhurotica is an exciting new anthology of erotic horror, inspired by the writing of H. P. Lovecraft.
This decadent collection contains unique creations of Mythos fiction, orignal art, and academic essays.
With work by Cody Goodfellow, Kenneth Hite, Steven J. Scearce, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Gabrielle Harbowy, Matthew Marovich, Kirsten Brown, Richard Baron, Don Pizarro, K.V. Taylor, Jennifer Brozek, Galen Dara, Mae Empson, Nathan Crowder, Leon J. West, and many more
Eileen Wilks has announced the release date for the next World of the Lupi novel, Death Magic, which will be in November of this year. We’re going to get two Lupi novels this year! Wilks also mentioned a new anthology she is contributing to, along with Lora Leigh, Virginia Kantra and Kimberly Frost. Tied with a Bow will feature a story involving Cynna and Cullen.
- Monica Burns, author of Pleasure Me – Smexy Books
- Col Buchanan, author of Farlander – Tor/Forge
- Nancy Holzner, author of Hellforged – Parajunkee’s View
- Chloe Neill, author of Hexbound – Writer’s Write, Right?
- Jill Monroe, author of SEALed with a Kiss – Gena Showalter’s Blog
- Amanda Hocking, author of Torn – Babbling About Books
- Rachel Vincent, author of My Soul to Steal – Book Chick City
- Brenna Yovanoff, author of The Replacement – Book Smugglers
- Syrie James, author of Nocturne – YA Fantasy Guide
- Desiree Holt, author of Eight Second Ride – Bitten by Books
- Michele Hauf, author of The Sin Eater’s Promise – Bitten by Books
Ilona Andrews has posted a portion of the fourth chapter for Alphas.
There have been some fabulous covers popping up, especially for a few novels that have already come out. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album.
Rachel Vincent is finally spilling the beans on her new adult series, which will be called Unbound. The first novel will be Blood Bound and we are assured that it’s another paranormal series. Only, I’m not sure how paranormal it is. Vincent says there will be a huge difference between her Shifters/Soul Screamers series and this one; and it may only include magic, without any kind of supernatural creatures. The only hint Vincent is giving us is: “the cliché ‘a man’s word is his bond,” then grew to include, “the pen is mightier than the sword” and the concept of “word of mouth.’”
Suburban Vampire has updated her list of upcoming vampire movies and series. Catherine is showcasing a couple of the lesser known films and one looks to be a tad bit interesting – My Sucky Teen Romance. Sounds a bit cheesy.
On 17-year-old Kate’s last weekend in town, she and her friends plan to spend it together at SpaceCON—the local science fiction convention they attend every year. At the convention Kate meets Paul, a recently turned teen vampire (who is also dressed as one). But when Kate tries to make a move on him, he accidentally bites her in the neck. Kate and her friends soon discover Paul is not the only vampire at the convention, and it is up to them to stop the vampires and find a way to turn Kate back before it is too late.
Authors After Dark has posted their panel list for the 2011 event. There’s quite a few panels, but one in particular some may be interested in is the I have a Blog, Now what?: The Care and Feeding of your blogging career which features Natasha from Wicked Little Pixie, Larissa from Larissa’s Bookish Life, Susan Hanniford Crowley and K.A.Laity.
Stumbling Over Chaos has another fabulous MisAdventures in Stock Photography edition.
Babbling About Books has an interesting question – Is it wrong when reviews reveal too much? For those curious, I don’t like seeing spoilers in reviews. However, there are times where I (or anyone else at LE) wants to talk about what they read. I mean, that’s why I initially started LE – I wanted to talk about what I have read and how can I do that without revealing something sometimes. So what our policy is, any spoilers will be at the end. At that point, it’s up to you if you want to read them or not, but they won’t be included with the review.
For those following news on The Hobbit, according to Blastr, it appears that Elijah Wood will be returning as Frodo. Never fear though, it seems Peter Jackson has found a way to bring back Wood while still staying true to the story. We’ll have to see in December 2012 if that’s true.
For fans of Gregory Maguire’s Wicked, io9 is reporting that Salma Hayek is developing an eight-hour miniseries based on the novel for ABC. I would so love to see Wicked as a miniseries. For those who enjoyed Tin Man on Syfy last fall, I think Wicked will be just as much of a hit.
January 16th: Nocturne by Syrie James – ends January 16th – 5 copies
January 18th: Farlander by Col Buchanan – 10 copies
January 22nd: Xombies: Apocalypso by Walter Greatshell
January 28th: Visions of Magic by Regan Hastings (Awakening, #1)
- Cthulhurotica edited by Carrie Cuinn
- Vowed in Shadows by Jessa Slade (Marked Souls #3)
- Crimson Wind by Diana Pharaoh Francis (Horngate Witches, #2) – 10 copies
- Arcane Circle by Linda Robertson (Persephone Alcmedi, #4) – 10 copies
- Silver Zombie by Carole Nelson Douglas (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4) – 10 copies
- Vicious Grace by M.L.N. Hanover (The Black Sun’s Daughter, #3) – 10 copies
- Clarity by Kim Harrington
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (Charley Davidson #1) – 3 copies
- A Kiss of Ashen Twilight by Rae Lori (Ashen Twilight Series #1)
- Within the Shadows of Mortals by Rae Lori (Ashen Twilight Series #2) – 2 copies
February 14th: Breath of Angel by by Karyn Henley (The Angeleon Circle #1)
- Pleasure Me by Monica Burns – 3 copies.
- The Fallen: Raziel by Kristina Douglas (Fallen #1) – 10 copies.
- Death’s Sweet Embrace by Tracey O’Hara (Dark Brethren #2) – 3 copies
March 31st: Beauty School Demon by Sidney Ayers – 2 copies