Jim C. Hines is showing off his fantastic cover for the fourth Princess novel, The Snow Queen’s Shadow. It’s not totally finished yet, they still need to add the lettering and there might be a few tweaks, but isn’t it fabulous? The artist is Scott Fischer and he is the same one who did the artwork for and The Stepsister Scheme and The Mermaid’s Madness. Hines shows a couple of versions of the cover, so it’s definitely worth a check. The Snow Queen’s Shadow will be out July 5th.
Did I miss Jennifer Estepp’s announcement for the title of the fifth Elemental Assassin novel? I’m thinking I did since I didn’t know it was going to be Spider’s Revenge. The first chapter is already up on Estep’s page too. There will also be a new EA short story in the upcoming Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance, which will be out in September, titled Haints and Hobwebs. (ETA: Jennifer announces the title here.)
Dirty Sexy Books is talking about the various flavors of the romance novel. She’s definitely right about one thing – you never know if you’re going to like something unless you try it.
- Allison Pang, author of A Brush of Darkness – Odd Shots
- Caridad Pineiro, author of Stronger than Sin – Cynthia Eden’s blog
- Chloe Neill, author of Hexbound – What Book is That?, Dreaming About Books and Anna’s Book Blog
- Dan Wells, author of Mr. Monster – Book Chick City
- Deborah Harkness, author of A Discovery of Witches – Tygna’s Reviews
- Faith Hunter, author of Mercy Blade – Bitten by Books
- Judi Fennell, author of I Dream of Genies – Bitten by Books
- Kristina Douglas, author of Raziel – Paranormal Haven
- Lilith Saintcrow, author of Taken – Barnes & Noble
- Marissa Farrar, author of Where the Dead Live – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Moira Rogers, author of Crossroads – The Book Pushers
- Nina Pierce, author of Healer’s Garden – Dirty Sexy Books
- Rachel Caine, author of Ghost Town – Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Regan Hastings, author of Visions of Magic – All Things Urban Fantasy
- SA Swann, author of Wolf’s Cross – Book Chick City
- Stephanie Rowe, author of Kiss at Your Own Risk – Something Wicked
The Andrews are at it again, or at least Gordon is. There’s a new Curran’s POV posted over on Ilona Andrews’ page and this one involves the events at the end of Magic Bleeds. It’s the first of three and I so can’t wait to see the next one.
Shiloh Walker has unveiled the cover for a new Hunter’s World novella, Hunt Me, that will be digitally published in May.
Dark Faerie Tales is once again hosting the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy reading challenges for 2011. The goal for both of these challenges is to read 24 new PNR/UF titles over the next 12 months.
Jackie Kessler is over at the Deadline Dames talking about her new UF series, Pit and Paradise. The first book, in the anticipated six novel series, will be called Before the Fall and will feature everyone’s favorite succubus, Jezzie. Kessler is planning this as a digital series only and it currently has a tentative release date of January 2012. However, that could change due to Kessler’s contract schedule.
If you haven’t bought Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning yet, she’s posted the first two chapters and be warned, there’s a huge spoiler. I mean a gigantic spoiler that may make you cry.
Harlequin Romance is trying to hook new readers by offering 15 of their titles, from a variety of their imprints, for free. One such title is Michele Hauf’s Kiss Me Deadly. Hauf’s novel has been free on Amazon for awhile, so I would be surprised if the rest haven’t been as well. However, I haven’t actually checked that, so don’t hold it against me if I’m wrong.
There have been some fabulous covers popping up, especially for a few novels that have already come out. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album.
Rachel Vincent is answering a few more questions based on her new adult series, Unbound.
Tygna’s Reviews will soon be interviewing some fabulous authors and she’s looking for a little input on which questions to ask. The authors include Caitlin Kittredge, Jackie Kessler, Casey Daniels, Hannah Jayne and Lori Handeland. So if there’s something you’ve wanted to ask them, talk to Tygna.
Dirty Sexy Books has answered a question for me – are my books really worth anything? I’ve made the new years resolution to only buy digital books this year (unless I go to an author signing) and I’m actually going to get rid of a few of my books. Well, probably more than a few since I’m totally running out of space to put them. Anyway, I’m trying to think of ways I can turn them into cash so I can repurchase a few of them as ebooks. Dirty Sexy Books rant makes me think I probably won’t get a lot for them. Although I am curious to see her take on Amazon’s Book Buyback Store.
Poisoned Rationality is giving away a few books in exchange for helping her pick out her next series. Ends January 31st.
JL Bryan is giving away a shiny new Kindle. Ends when his blog tour does.